PCW Exhaust Mod Opinions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MetzC63

Car
C63 AMG Perf Pack
Hi All,

What is the general consensus on getting the inners of a exhaust cut out on a C63?

PCW is fairly local to me and I was thinkinh about having the Secondary Cats, Resonators and Backbox gutted out to give the car a more aggressive bark.

I've see a few videos of a Res/Backbox mod but none with the Cat's removed/gutted as well.

Thanks

Cats and resonators, yes, but don't touch the back boxes. The car will be incredibly noisy and every chance it will drone in the cabin too.

Why not gut the cats and resonator and see if its enough before touching the back boxes. It's easier to do than put the wadding material back.

Cats and resonators, yes, but don't touch the back boxes. The car will be incredibly noisy and every chance it will drone in the cabin too.
Why not gut the cats and resonator and see if its enough before touching the back boxes. It's easier to do than put the wadding material back.

Thanks for the info, out of interest have you had the Cat and Res removed by TorqueFlow?

Or remove the stock exhaust and have a custom one made so when you come to sell the car (and sell it you will as it seems all C63's must have at least 10 owners before the end of their lives :p ) you will have the option of a stock exhaust alongside a custom one to sell on.

Thanks for the info, out of interest have you had the Cat and Res removed by TorqueFlow?

Yes I have:banana:
My previous E55 had the secondary cats and resonator removed and it made a big difference when on the throttle.
Just had the resonator taken out of my E63 Biturbo (no secondary cats to start with) and the sound is immense.
I can thoroughly recommend Imran at Torqueflow and the 300+ mile round trip was well worth it.

PCW is amazing. When I rocked up in my M3 I told Paul I wanted to get an asbo for having a loud car. And he did the needful

I follow PCW on facebook and see all of their posted videos. Some are too OTT for me but every person is different and likes different things. They have a decent customer/fan base so wouldn't hesitate to use them.

I had a PCW Mod on my M135i, sounded fantastic but wasn't sure how far to go with the C63
I think the Cat and Res for now plus a remap.

I'll be visiting PCW next week. I was going to go for the backbox / cats mod however i may scale that back as i don't want any drone/asbo-ness lol.

I've only heard from friends /Instagram of the good experience they've had.

Just an update, i've now had the backbox/res mod and can confirm this is a huge improvement.

I'm glad i didn't go further with regards to secondary cats. This is my personal view though as some people may want even more noise!

Paul from PCW was great. Great bloke to deal with would recommend.

Just an update, i've now had the backbox/res mod and can confirm this is a huge improvement.

I'm glad i didn't go further with regards to secondary cats. This is my personal view though as some people may want even more noise!

Paul from PCW was great. Great bloke to deal with would recommend.

If you have time to get some videos uploaded of the sound that would be great!

PCW is amazing. When I rocked up in my M3 I told Paul I wanted to get an asbo for having a loud car. And he did the needful

When does the asbo expire? :D

What’s it like in normal driving - any part of the Rev range where it drones?

What’s it like in normal driving - any part of the Rev range where it drones?

I've only done one motorway journey back which was set at cruise. Its a little noisier but nothing intrusive.

The difference of just daily driving is great, great rumble at start and while your in the lower gears. a-lot more pops and bangs but nothing like those m3 ones.

I'll try record a video of inside the cabin at 70 on cruise and post it up!

I've heard PCW are really good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom