PDA and dead pixels..

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Donza, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Donza

Donza Active Member

Got in the car this morning, and pulled out the PDA since i needed to use TomTom.

I looked at the screen and there is a streak of black lines going through the middle of it. When the PDA is turned on, the pixels are a combo of red/green etc.

I assume these are dead/Stuck pixels?

When i left it in the car lastnight it was fine. Maybe it hit something in the glovebox or maybe it was because of the freezing weather?

I am thinking the cold must have caused them. Is there anyway to remedy them?

The PDA is an Acer N35 used purely for tomtom. Pity, since its excellent for Navigation.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. recycled

recycled MB Enthusiast

Is that not a smashed screen?

3. OP
    OP
    Donza

Donza Active Member

The screen works and TomTom is running also. I see no visible sign of damage, no punture marks, or actual damage on the screen itself.

It could well be that the LCD pixels were damaged due to pressure of soemthing in the glovebox.

Looks like i'm in the market for a new PDA or unit to upload TomTom on.

4. GordonTarling

GordonTarling MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
    Could be the cold that your display didn't like - keep it in a nice warm place for a few hours and try it again. The PDA market has just about died, due to the introduction of smartphones, so you may struggle to find a new one. Just find a similar used PDA on Ebay, they can be had quite cheaply now.

5. OP
    OP
    Donza

Donza Active Member

True Gordon,

My N95 has TomTom on it, and is great. I think i might buy similar PDA of ebay, or even a generic unit which i can stick TomTom on via an SD Card

Tags: