PDA and dead pixels..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

Got in the car this morning, and pulled out the PDA since i needed to use TomTom.

I looked at the screen and there is a streak of black lines going through the middle of it. When the PDA is turned on, the pixels are a combo of red/green etc.

I assume these are dead/Stuck pixels?

When i left it in the car lastnight it was fine. Maybe it hit something in the glovebox or maybe it was because of the freezing weather?

I am thinking the cold must have caused them. Is there anyway to remedy them?

The PDA is an Acer N35 used purely for tomtom. Pity, since its excellent for Navigation.

Last edited:
Is that not a smashed screen?

The screen works and TomTom is running also. I see no visible sign of damage, no punture marks, or actual damage on the screen itself.

It could well be that the LCD pixels were damaged due to pressure of soemthing in the glovebox.

Looks like i'm in the market for a new PDA or unit to upload TomTom on.

Could be the cold that your display didn't like - keep it in a nice warm place for a few hours and try it again. The PDA market has just about died, due to the introduction of smartphones, so you may struggle to find a new one. Just find a similar used PDA on Ebay, they can be had quite cheaply now.

Could be the cold that your display didn't like - keep it in a nice warm place for a few hours and try it again. The PDA market has just about died, due to the introduction of smartphones, so you may struggle to find a new one. Just find a similar used PDA on Ebay, they can be had quite cheaply now.

True Gordon,

My N95 has TomTom on it, and is great. I think i might buy similar PDA of ebay, or even a generic unit which i can stick TomTom on via an SD Card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom