.pdf printing problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
I scan quite a few documents into paint.net, convert (save) to .jpg to edit, then "print" to .pdf to send by e-mail.
Since installing win 8.1 and downloading new software, paint.net has changed the way it prints to the .pdf software I use "doPDF 8"

It rotates the pages to landscape when they start as a portrait.
It seems to be a print driver issue with paint.net using a windows driver and the only layout options available seem to be geared towards photo printing.

Any one have any ideas how to resolve?:dk:

Why are you turning them into a pdf if you are sending them by email?

Curious why you dont just attach the jpegs?

Whilst I know that pdfs can be manipulated, most people don't have conversion software, so prefer the slight security benefit. Also send other things such as word documents which I also convert to pdf - all looks a bit neater to send the same format (except when one gets turned on it's side:eek:)

I still don't get it - you can simply copy and paste the jpeg out of the PDF and manipulate it in your photo editing software.

Have you tried Cutepdf? This is the converter I use without problems... get it from www.ninite.com

+1 for cutepdf.

solved........... uninstalled paint.net and installed older version. Now I have found the option to select portrait printing instead of landscape.
(now wondering if that option was there in the newer version but I just didn't find it:eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom