PDI Advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weebobster

Car
C220 cdi
I am hopefully collecting my C220 CDI Avantegarde auto this Friday. Now I know my vehicle is a year old and has 10k on the clock and therefore doesnt undergo a PDI. I am buying it from a MB Main Dealership so I have been told that the vehicle will undergo the strictest preparation (blah blah blah) before friday.

My question is this: do you have any advice for me when collecting/signing for delivery at the showroom. I have read a couple of threads where the stealerships appear to adopt an "I dont care, you signed for it attitude".

All advice greatfully appreciated.:bannana:

Check what Warranty is still left, ask them if they can check it's service history, if any, or whether they have just serviced it?:confused:

Pick-up Checklist lifted from the FAQ at http://www.c32life.com/ so it's new car and SLK32 specific, but it should help -

When you arrive at the dealer to pick up the car, read your contract/lease before you inspect the car (you should get a blank copy of the lease and read the terms and conditions before you go to pick up the car). Do not sign the deal until your inspection of the vehicle is complete.

Visually inspect the vehicle exterior and interior

0 Look for paint chips, scratches or other paint damage
0 Are all the plastic wrap glue spots removed and was the car waxed
0 Inspect the glass (including lenses) and tires for damage (especially with a lease)
0 Inspect the alloy wheels CLOSELY for damage
0 Inspect all the seating leather for any chips of color (especially charcoal seats)
0 Stand behind the car and have the dealer put the top up and down. Look for proper operation of the mechanisms. There should be no jumping, binding or unusual noises. Top must move smoothly and evenly on both sides.
0 Have the dealer operate all of the exterior lights and check their operation
0 Check the tire pressures (bring a gauge with you) because the tires are inflated to a very high pressure for transit.

4. Check for included accessories

0 AMG floor mats
0 The Tool kit (it must contain all the tools listed in the owner’s manual, the spare tire bolts and the manual crank for the roof).
0 CD Changer (should be mounted with the cassette door facing the rear)
0 Wind deflector (the mesh one that attaches to the roll bars)

5. Sit in the car and test all the controls to be sure everything works.

0 Lock and unlock the doors with both the keys and the remote
0 Open and close the roof yourself, listen for unusual creaking noises etc.
0 Check radio controls (both AM and FM)
0 CD Player (bring a CD with you)
0 Windows (use console window buttons this time, not the top switch)
0 Interior lighting, both automatic and manual controls
0 Open/close glove box
0 Heated seats (sit in both seats yourself)
0 Telescoping steering wheel (on all 320’s)
0 Power seats (on all 320’s)
0 Floor mats installed
0 Tele-Aide connection (have the dealer dial into Tele-Aide to confirm proper operation and to make sure they have your contact numbers correct).
0 Have the dealer program your garage door opener (you wouldn’t think of owning an AMG without a garage for it, would you?)
0 A full tank of gas

6. Test drive the car (with the radio and climate control systems TURNED OFF at first) and check

0 For squeaks, rattles, bangs or any loose objects
0 All the gauges and warning lights are working properly
0 Cruise Control operation
0 Air Conditioning and temperature settings and controls
0 Make sure the alignment is OK (car should not drift to one side or the other on a straight and level road)
0 Horn
0 Wipers/washers
0 All the other stuff to numerous to mention

7. Finish the deal

0 Re-check all the documents
0 Sign when all are correct

8. Drive away!!!!

0 Try to keep the big grin off your face so other drivers on the road don’t think your pleasuring yourself.

Last edited:
If you're really concerned you can ask the AA/RAC/Green Flag etc. to check it for you.

Thanks for the info...top notch as usual:bannana:

...ill bring the wife with me and that is certain to remove the smile from the salesman and me heheh:rock:

Im happy enough to inspect the vehicle myself given the fact that any major problem will be dealt with under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom