Peaceful Easter Sunday, not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Railwayman

SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 200
My two darling children brought their cars to me for a service, engine oil/filter replacement plus checks etc. So whilst carrying out said work my daughter reported that as she filled the car (Micra K12) with fuel a lot was leaking out, so with trepidation in my heart and knowing what I was most likely to find began removing the wheel and arch liner to gain access to the filler pipe and as expected found it was rotted out at the junction of the steel and rubber fitting.

Soon as I touched it it fell apart in my hands, oh joy, now faced with having to bodge a repair. Found a piece of sink pipe which was to tight to fit into the two half's, so had to split it long ways on my bandsaw and ram it up there (oh err). Put it all back together and set off for local petrol station to test, no leak surprisingly. Will replace with a pattern part off of ebay when I get round to it.

So what did you lot get up to on your day of rest?

Last edited:
Had a lie in until 10 ish , took dog out , went to the gym , had a shower then off for a curry with the wife + daughter as she was up from London for a few days and as we all know - you can`t beat a Glasgea Ruby.

Spent the rest of the evening wishing i had just ordered sensibly rather than being a greedy b@stard.

K

Last edited:
Lazy morning drinking coffee and eating chocolat au pain, followed by a drive on some lovely roads to a very late lunch at our favourite restaurant for a Sunday lunch.

Varnished the dining table top!

Should have done it in time for Christmas-no cause to complain.

I got a earole bashing from the teenage daughter that a 4 gang extension lead was not enough sockets for her and her mates to have in a tent (that took me 2 hours to build up!) when camping in the garden :wallbash:

Classic Car display in Beaumont-du-Périgord with the Wolseley 6/110 and then lovely half-hour drive to a favourite restaurant for a leisurely meal.

24C in the shade. Not too shabby.

Day of rest???
10 grandchildren, chocolate, peaceful, definitely not!
Loved every minute 😂

Bike ride to a cider house with neighbour .

My bro didn't have the best DIY oil change experience , he didn't get on with the Lidl electric oil pump I got him for Christmas , no experience myself as I've a Sealey TP69 .

I didn't take in the reasons properly as had plenty of Rich's Farmhouse , Black Rat and Thatchers Cheddar Valley on board .

Anyway he had to use the sump drain , not too bad as the spin on oil filter was that way, except Euro Car Prats had given him the wrong one .

Cleaning up after a racoon decided to break into the office at my hobby shop and smash the place up. Now I have to prepare for hand to hand combat.

1650394489429.png

1650394503697.png

As you asked about Sunday, so driving back from London, and of t' pub later.

The other 3 days were a bit more like it really.

Friday down to London for 10am, to daughters in Dockland.
Then HMS Belfast, Pub lunch, National Gallery, The Sherlock Holmes for a Guinness high tea.
Off to Soho for a Chinese Buffet. Washed down with Guinness in Mayfair.

Saturday off to the Docklands Museum, then snore time in the sun in Greenwich Park, to a Guinness shop, on to the O2 for grub, and finished at the Pilot Pub before hopping over the river on the Emirates Air Line.

Yesterday we spent with some leisurely sailing at the local club. Some capsize practice was on the agenda so we can take the Stratos coastal with more confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom