Peaceful Easter Sunday, not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As you asked about Sunday, so driving back from London, and of t' pub later.

The other 3 days were a bit more like it really.

Friday down to London for 10am, to daughters in Dockland.
Then HMS Belfast, Pub lunch, National Gallery, The Sherlock Holmes for a Guinness high tea.
Off to Soho for a Chinese Buffet. Washed down with Guinness in Mayfair.

Saturday off to the Docklands Museum, then snore time in the sun in Greenwich Park, to a Guinness shop, on to the O2 for grub, and finished at the Pilot Pub before hopping over the river on the Emirates Air Line.

Yesterday we spent with some leisurely sailing at the local club. Some capsize practice was on the agenda so we can take the Stratos coastal with more confidence.
Sherlock Holmes near Whitehall? That’s our post-work Friday beer pub.

Weekend Fri-Sun was Silverstone and BSB thanks to birthday present from dear daughter, superb weekend, Monday home but they arrived very late on the way home froma week's ski holiday in France, so very late night for us (close to 2am bed!!) and today has been hectic with the 2 grandchildren (almost 5 and almost 3) so wife is already upstairs (just after 8pm) and I'll not be far behind, we both need a good long nights sleep! Faboulous weekend/few days though, so not complaining!!

Started with bacon sarnies & coffee.
Drive down to mobile home park on banks of river Orwell to meet sister & family for a walk with dogs & lunch at site café - but it wasn't taking walk-ins due to Covid related staff shortages so sister had to rustle up a bite to eat.
Back to ours later for roast lamb leg & all the trimmings.

Riding from Plymouth back to medway on the Ducati, 250 miles
Nice weather traffic not bad
Brilliant day overall 😀

I spent all day at the coast relaxing :cool:

I was in Dublin. Very nice 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Attachments

• F1B1F764-05C8-4F4B-B42A-95B549601DA9.jpeg
    F1B1F764-05C8-4F4B-B42A-95B549601DA9.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 6
  • B7CFFE25-2A53-4AC2-A97B-10E8429C4715.jpeg
    B7CFFE25-2A53-4AC2-A97B-10E8429C4715.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 6
  • E8769CFA-95C4-43B8-A16F-F037AE033C95.jpeg
    E8769CFA-95C4-43B8-A16F-F037AE033C95.jpeg
    532.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 5B51E4D0-16F6-4D1E-B6FB-1E90064DB99C.jpeg
    5B51E4D0-16F6-4D1E-B6FB-1E90064DB99C.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 6
Classic Car display in Beaumont-du-Périgord with the Wolseley 6/110 and then lovely half-hour drive to a favourite restaurant for a leisurely meal.

24C in the shade. Not too shabby.
Would that be the one with 3 speed box and overdrive? Nasty push pull device hidden away under dash. Freewheel. Lift off throttle to engage. Kickdown to pass the 2cv.

In Sweden there were riots in several cities.
Non-pork eaters going beserk tearing down cities because a dumb w@nker from Denmark decided to torch the holy book of Islam.
These riots will continue in other cities.

Riots were probably mentioned on the BBC news?

No, I wouldn't say it was a very peaceful easter. :eek: :oops:o_O:rolleyes:👎👎

In Sweden there were riots in several cities.
Non-pork eaters going beserk tearing down cities because a dumb w@nker from Denmark decided to torch the holy book of Islam.
These riots will continue in other cities.

Riots were probably mentioned on the BBC news?

No, I wouldn't say it was a very peaceful easter. :eek: :oops:o_O:rolleyes:👎👎
1 idiot burns an item sacred to a group of people and in turn they have a riot and no doubt burn and smash up property belonging to people who had nothing to do with burning the sacred item in the first place.
Ain’t life weird.

1 idiot burns an item sacred to a group of people and in turn they have a riot and no doubt burn and smash up property belonging to people who had nothing to do with burning the sacred item in the first place.
Ain’t life weird.

This is the side effect of freedom of speech when people want to provoke.

Hooligans going beserk were not the friendly peaceful kind of muslims, instead these people were the filthy scum of jewels crown of Swedish Royal king which are drug dealers, killer- gang bangers and other type of filthy scum attacking police officers on purpose to cause mayhem!

This was merely domestic terror actions, cars, buildings and a school was burnt down!
Lots of tax payers money gone to waste thanks to the Danish pr*ck!

It wasn't like when Prince Akeem in peace came to America, Danish pr*ck had different intentions!

Attachments

• Akeem.jpg
    Akeem.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Would that be the one with 3 speed box and overdrive? Nasty push pull device hidden away under dash. Freewheel. Lift off throttle to engage. Kickdown to pass the 2cv.

No, it's a conventional 4-speed manual without overdrive. 120 bhp with twin SU's and the motor is essentially a truck engine, so you can drive without having to drop out of 4th due to the torque. It's a very pleasant way of driving a 57-year-old classic and she will keep up with modern traffic. Even the missus likes her.

No, it's a conventional 4-speed manual without overdrive. 120 bhp with twin SU's and the motor is essentially a truck engine, so you can drive without having to drop out of 4th due to the torque. It's a very pleasant way of driving a 57-year-old classic and she will keep up with modern traffic. Even the missus likes her.
I passed my test in my father's 6/110 with 3 speed and O/D. Steady cruiser at 90+ on the M1. The 3litre engine found its way into several BMC cars including the Austin Healey 3000.

Like most bank holidays, I spent 11.5hrs of Sunday in a yellow van. Same as Saturday, Monday, Tuesday etc (ad infinitum)...😕

I passed my test in my father's 6/110 with 3 speed and O/D. Steady cruiser at 90+ on the M1. The 3litre engine found its way into several BMC cars including the Austin Healey 3000.

Perhaps that was an earlier car, a Mk 1? Mine is a 1965 Mk 2.

I was watching swedish easter riots on youtube today.
I found this funny video clip.

This short clip was really entertaining!
Can't say who the driver was if it was a copper or a hooligan driving the police vehicle.
Hooligans stole PD vehicles and uniforms and other police stuff before they torched several police cars.

Dude got squashed between police vehicles.
This video clip really cracked me up! 🤣😀

Please make funny comments.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom