Peach to Lemon ratio?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Having now driven about 600 miles looking for my next car it's starting to become a little weary. I ask the usual questions over the phone, but when viewing the result is disappointment. The most recent was a car for sale at a main dealer where they 'only sell cars with full main dealer service history', but on arrival saw a mixed bag of services and a 3 year void.

3 lemons so far and 1 peach, but that's at a hefty price. 3:1 and 600 miles so far.......roll on the next viewing.

Not a Mercedes, sorry, but an Elise. But I suspect looking for a nice classic Mercedes is almost as hard as looking for an unmolested Elise.

I think I may well be travelling 380 miles to look at and most probably buy a Rover P6 2000SC auto. I am going to get someone to check the car over down there first if possible. Sorry to hear of your bad luck finding an Elise.

Have you joined/participated in any Elise forums? They are an enthusiasts car, who knows you may find one nearly as friendly as MBClub (if that's possible) :)

You may find knowledgeable folks who are prepared to go and have a nosey on your behalf..

Cheers,

Gaz

Thanks, yes I have. There are a couple of nice cars for sale on the forum, though not really the spec I'm after, but it is early days I know. I'm impatient and want my car now :)

I'm impatient and want my car now :)
Understandable, but there are always bargains to be had with cars like the Elise come November / December, and that way you'll have the car you want when the weather perks up next year :thumb:

Friend of mine has an Elise, just be prepared that general servicing and things like cam belt servicing isn’t cheap at main dealers. Paramount to get a car with a full history. If not walk away, fast. :eek: A blast to drive :thumb:

(Oh and I’ve yet to master the art of getting out of the car with the roof up without falling out of it :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom