Peculiar moment this evening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
I had the Kinkmobile #1 in for a service at Purslows today, and went to collect it this evening.

A young chappie came in whilst I was waiting, saying that he was dropping his car off to have some things looked at. Discussion kinda went like this ....

What's the vehicle reg Sir? Response: "Erm ... dunno"
What's your Surname Sir? Response: "Mr xxxxxx" (not literally xxxxx)
What model do you have Sir? Response: "Mercedes"
Erm ... Which one? Response: "Erm .... dunno"
C classs, E class, 230, 320? Response: "Erm .... dunno"

A brief uncomfortable pause, at which point Mr. xxxxx said - I'll go check, shall I? He disappeared, came back a minute later, rattled off an 03 Reg. The Service guy typed it in ..... "Erm - are you that is correct Sir?".

Anyhow - they eventually got it sorted and worked out which car it was. Then it went as follows ....

So what exactly needs looking at Sir? Response: "Well, I've written down a list of all the problems ..... 1. sunroof broken, 2. some dash motor is broken, 3. something wrong with suspension, 4, 5, 6, and 7 - all got more serious as they went.

Just struck me as strange that:
1 a young chappie did not know at the very least the model he was driving
2 the problems he was having with the car (some serious) - and only a maximum 20 months old.

[Note - he said he would be paying - which implied that it's probably not a company or lease car]

K

The saying, "more money than scence" springs to mind... :crazy:

Why would he be paying, it would all be under warranty.

I assume he meant for the service.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom