Penalty points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hey guys,

Sorry if there are similar threads to this (but i have searched to no avail), anywho I was wondering how many years it takes for penalty points on one's license, to clear??

Thanks in advance and thanks to those that helped me in my search for a digital camera :)

Valid for 3 years, but remain on your licence for 4 years.

Hello, My name is Frank and...... I,m a speeder.

However, I've been clean since June. <<WOOHOO>>

Q. Why does it stay on the licence for the extra year?

The actual figures are...

Valid for 10 years but remain on the licence for 11 years for drink/driving related convictions

Valid for 3 years but remain for 4 years from conviction date for reckless/dangerous driving

Valid for 3 years but remain for 4 years from offence date for all other minor offences. (speeding etc)

I have no idea why the extra year though.

The actual figures are...

Valid for 10 years but remain on the licence for 11 years for drink/driving related convictions

Valid for 3 years but remain for 4 years from conviction date for reckless/dangerous driving

Valid for 3 years but remain for 4 years from offence date for all other minor offences. (speeding etc)

I have no idea why the extra year though.

Must be very naughty. :D

You can have it cleared after 4 years by applying due to change of address or name or whatever.

So insurance companys can make lots of money:devil:

Yes, because you have to declare the minor offence to insurance companies for five years, regardless of whether it is still on your licence.

Funnt thing is that DVLA only keep record up to 4 years!!

Maybe because you apply after 3years to get it cleared and it probably takes another year to come off

It's all to do with the rehabilitation of offenders act.

The points and the fine are actually dealt with as two separate items.

The points clear after three years but it's a legal requirement to declare the fine for 5 years, despite the points being "expired". Never quite understood why.

Must be very naughty. :D

You can have it cleared after 4 years by applying due to change of address or name or whatever.

You can, but you have to pay to have points removed, I think. Being a tight git, I've still biro written 3 points on my licence from 12 years ago. When I changed my address, they even re-wrote the points in biro:D

points my prizes, thats why I have been collecting them, oh no wait, damn, my lifes work is ruined!!

You can, but you have to pay to have points removed, I think. Being a tight git, I've still biro written 3 points on my licence from 12 years ago. When I changed my address, they even re-wrote the points in biro:D
So you still got paper licence like mine ,:D

I'm going to be self righteous and say its easier not to get them in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom