People who face the wrong way at Petrol stations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markc

Car
E430 Tourer (2001)
Do these people have no common sense at all? :doh:

How hard can it be? You're driving along the road and you want to turn into a forcourt on your left, you take the first entrance and queue for an available pump... simples :thumb:

Surely when you're approaching from the other direction, forecourt across the carriageway on your right, you'd remember how you did it when the forecourt was on the left and use the second entrance. Apparently not, these morons go in the out door and queue up the other way to everyone else seemingly oblivious to their error :dk:

I know many petrol forecourts don't have Entrance and Exit signs but surely this is common sense and blindingly obvious?

Where do they learn to do this? Isn't there any advice provided by driving instructors? Are these people stupid, impatient or plain belligerent?

Makes me seeth :ban:

Mark

Last edited:
If that's all you have to worry about then you have no worries !

Driving a C55 I just circumnavigate the pumps. This saves running out before the next station.

How about people who have:

1) Filled up with fuel
2) Gone to the loo
3) Got a coffee
4) Watched you out the window as they queue up behind the other people doing what they did, getting ready to pay.
5) Saunter back to car (still watching you out the corner of their eye)
6) Sit in drivers seat and..........

Proceed to wait at the pump for their other half/kids who have gone off on a world tour of the shop. Glancing occasionally in their rear view mirror to make sure you are still waiting behind them.

7) The second you move into reverse.. They are off. WTF ?

People come in all shapes and sizes and mindsets. Thank goodness.

I know many petrol forecourts don't have Entrance and Exit signs but surely this is common sense and blindingly obvious?

I never have this problem as I always go here for my petrol. Trouble is, they never seem to have any. :dk:

Egremont-House.jpg

I has seen some of these people, they often park at the water/air machine so as nobody can use either, then pop into the shop to buy the weeks shopping and make long phone calls on their mobiles.

I never have this problem as I always go here for my petrol. Trouble is, they never seem to have any. :dk:

Egremont-House.jpg

My old club. I used to do a lot of fuelling there, until the lease expired. It has been almost 20 years since it became vacant, terrible shame.

My old club. I used to do a lot of fuelling there, until the lease expired. It has been almost 20 years since it became vacant, terrible shame.

I was going to use a photo of the club's current building, but it would have lacked the essential visual element.

What do we with these people??

As the great Donald Sutherland said in the film Backdraft.

'Burn them, burn them ALL!!!!!!!!':devil:

If that's all you have to worry about then you have no worries !

You're quite correct there I'm a lucky man but surely you're not condoning this behaviour? Worse you not one of them are you :eek:

I have to say I have seen the occasional MB driver do this :(

Mark

I have to say I have seen the occasional MB driver do this :(

Quite right that MB drivers should plough their own furrow. Let's leave it to the BMW mob to slavishly follow convention.

I was going to use a photo of the club's current building, but it would have lacked the essential visual element.

Yes - an entrance up stairs with an In on one pillar of the door and the out on the other doesn't quite look as good.

Checking my facts, Cambridge House was vacated in 1999. IIRC the lease expired in 1992 but I could be wrong.

Yes - an entrance up stairs with an In on one pillar of the door and the out on the other doesn't quite look as good.

Checking my facts, Cambridge House was vacated in 1999. IIRC the lease expired in 1992 but I could be wrong.

Have to admit that 20 years sounded a long time. Will have to do some digging, but I know there have been several failed attempts to refurbish it. Surprised squatters haven't moved in yet...

I've not gone in the wrong way, but have backed in to face the wrong way... but did find the reverse gear quite handy leaving the pump at the right exit. I must have taken anything up to an extra 3 seconds on that visit I'm ashamed to say.

I thought the BMW mob spent most of their time in a different type of garage having their cars fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom