Peregrine Falcons That time of year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
For the peeping tom's among us here is a live link to a nesting pair of Peregrines.

If the picture looks like it shows a bare cliff, then use the zoom option. I haven't checked to see if the eggs have hatched, but they are due to pop out any minute\day :)

We are fortunate in having a pair of these beautiful birds that nest in a near-by cliff; if they would bump off our local magpies I would be a very happy bunny.

Oh and at dusk last night we had two foxes playing in our garden.

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, could life be any better?

Regards

I think I know where that is. We have Kites by us, sometimes coming within twenty feet of the house, and I'm not saying where that is either:D

Oh know someone who'll love to see this!!

We have loads of Kites around here as they were reintroduced a few years ago - and they have taken off - if you'll excuse the pun, and are doing very well. Despite the efforts of some :mad:

Oh know someone who'll love to see this!!

We have loads of Kites around here as they were reintroduced a few years ago - and they have taken off - if you'll excuse the pun, and are doing very well. Despite the efforts of some :mad:

Someone else who listens to the Archers:D

Current story line in the Archers: Red Kites being poisoned. Deny all you will, you have been ousted from the Archers closet:devil: :D

Current story line in the Archers: Red Kites being poisoned. Deny all you will, you have been ousted from the Archers closet:devil: :D

lol - aaah - now I see. It's a regular feature in local press ;) That's my story and the proof is my radio - it doesn't do Radio 4 :D It can't count past 1 :D

I think I know where that is. We have Kites by us, sometimes coming within twenty feet of the house, and I'm not saying where that is either:D
Hi Ian,
The peregrine site is well publicised and even better protected :devil: :)

I don't know if you know Plymouth at all, but this site is in Plym Woods and is both protected and viewed by the RSPB. They encourage folks to go up onto an old disused viaduct and either use some of the volunteers equipment or your own binoculars to look down and across to the nest.

If previous years are anything to go by, the camera will be zooming right into the nest and we will watch the young being fed and then in early July we will see the young leave the nest.

I get quite addicted to this site and enjoy watching the chicks grow into young birds that will hopefully grow and find a new location to start their own family.

running in parallel to this our own falcons raise their young and we will be seeing the parents teaching them to hunt. The crazy thing is I do not enjoy watching these beautiful birds bumping off their food. I wish they would simply go down to Tesco's and get an oven ready pigeon.:eek: :)

Hi Ian,
The peregrine site is well publicised and even better protected :devil: :)

I don't know if you know Plymouth at all, but this site is in Plym Woods and is both protected and viewed by the RSPB. They encourage folks to go up onto an old disused viaduct and either use some of the volunteers equipment or your own binoculars to look down and across to the nest.

If previous years are anything to go by, the camera will be zooming right into the nest and we will watch the young being fed and then in early July we will see the young leave the nest.

I get quite addicted to this site and enjoy watching the chicks grow into young birds that will hopefully grow and find a new location to start their own family.

running in parallel to this our own falcons raise their young and we will be seeing the parents teaching them to hunt. The crazy thing is I do not enjoy watching these beautiful birds bumping off their food. I wish they would simply go down to Tesco's and get an oven ready pigeon.:eek: :)

Ok, it's not the one I thought it was, which I can't tell you about of course:confused: :D

It can't count past 1 :D

proof you are indeed, 3 sheets to the wind.

Anyone over the age of 8months, and listens to radio 1 in an SLK is bonkers!

In fact anyone who has radio 1 on is bonkers.

< I am off to hide in case I have upset everyone >

proof you are indeed, 3 sheets to the wind.

Anyone over the age of 8months, and listens to radio 1 in an SLK is bonkers!

In fact anyone who has radio 1 on is bonkers.

< I am off to hide in case I have upset everyone >
Oi........
When the Steve Wright Show was on Radio 1 I was voted Human Being of The Day!

Quite clearly that station had a following of sensible, mature young people fully capable of making decisions. :devil: ;)

regards
ex Human Being of The Day

Oi........
When the Steve Wright Show was on Radio 1 I was voted Human Being of The Day!
Oh well another slow day on the Radio :D:devil:

Ian
Radio Two for ever :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom