Perfect second car to compliment the C63...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwards521

Car
2011 C63 AMG
So, I do like a car with character and as a second car I think I've found the perfect all-rounder. Ok, I'll admit that the missing wheel trim throws the aesthetics slightly off balance, but you can use your imaginations I'm sure.

image-345711360.jpg

Looks ideal for transporting small, square things around.

If that's what you do, go for it.

Every mile travelled will make you appreciate the AMG more...

Yep. We were discussing this at work the other day. There's only two cars you can really own. Either a top notch sporty/luxury type thing or something so horrendous it's actually cool. To me, the C63 and cars like the Perodua are equals in a round about way :)

No joke, my second car is a Nissan Micra :D. Well third, as I donated my Fiesta ST (MK7.5), my previous daily to my other half so that she keeps miles off of her TTRS.

I took a new contract which involves approx 3000miles per month and frequent abuse associated with a daily driving, which I'd be buggered if I'd punish anything nice in so, a quick trip down to my local indy sales centre and I walked away with £600 of awesomeness. I was extra tried on Friday morning, reversed down the driveway and rammed down the wheelie bins; didn't even care, didn't even check for scratches.

I planned to keep in a couple of months to test the water vs. the train but in all honesty, the Micra takes everything I throw at it like a champ. It's hair-raising at 50mph and above at best, and is like driving a heap of jelly on wheels but I love it. Finally, I'm now the guy in the supermarket car park who no one wants to park next to for fear of me denting their car and, Mr Road Rage in Mitsubishi Warrior's fear me when met down a narrow country lane. It's a beautiful way of motoring, complimented hugely by a C63 that is the opposite end of the spectrum by all accounts.

Cozy said:
No joke, my second car is a Nissan Micra :D. Well third, as I donated my Fiesta ST (MK7.5), my previous daily to my other half so that she keeps miles off of her TTRS. I took a new contract which involves approx 3000miles per month and frequent abuse associated with a daily driving, which I'd be buggered if I'd punish anything nice in so, a quick trip down to my local indy sales centre and I walked away with £600 of awesomeness. I was extra tried on Friday morning, reversed down the driveway and rammed down the wheelie bins; didn't even care, didn't even check for scratches. I planned to keep in a couple of months to test the water vs. the train but in all honesty, the Micra takes everything I throw at it like a champ. It's hair-raising at 50mph and above at best, and is like driving a heap of jelly on wheels but I love it. Finally, I'm now the guy in the supermarket car park who no one wants to park next to for fear of me denting their car and, Mr Road Rage in Mitsubishi Warrior's fear me when met down a narrow country lane. It's a beautiful way of motoring, complimented hugely by a C63 that is the opposite end of the spectrum by all accounts.

This is so true. I had an old ex-mobility Corsa when I had my M3 and it was the most pleasurable car to drive as I didn't care about it at all! I commute through central London every day and it kills me to use the C63 for this. As with a hire car, a cheap run-about is proper stress free motoring, leaving the special car feeling all the more special :)

Haha, I saw P-reg Micra on M25 yesterday, that was undertaking everyone. Maybe it was Cozy ;-)

This is so true. I had an old ex-mobility Corsa when I had my M3 and it was the most pleasurable car to drive as I didn't care about it at all! I commute through central London every day and it kills me to use the C63 for this. As with a hire car, a cheap run-about is proper stress free motoring, leaving the special car feeling all the more special :)

Totally agree, it's utterly stress free and that's what makes it so good. I will never, not have a banger again, there's always a place for one in my opinion. Dogs, bike, DIY stuff, it does it all and costs £500 a year (insurance, tax, service/maint/tyres) plus fuel to keep going.

Haha, I saw P-reg Micra on M25 yesterday, that was undertaking everyone. Maybe it was Cozy ;-)

You're not far off as I'm on the M25 a lot Surrey through Sussex :D, only that mine's the sex-spec facelifted Sport+ on a 2001 plate.

All I'll say is that if you see me coming, brace yourself. Never in the world history of Nissan Micra's has one been driven as briskly as mine. The funny thing is, is that I'll rarely reach 70mph but nothing feels quite as thrilling, in a deadly kind of way. I've had a good few overtakes out of it on NSL back roads behind some old folk stuck at 35mph in a Honda Jazz. If I did the same in the Fiesta, C63 or TT, people get abusive but it's apparently impossible to get mad at a Micra; maybe they're just all in shock.

I completely agree.

I've usually had a "top notch sporty/luxury type thing" or two as well as a little runaround to take the edge off using the former every day. At the moment it's a Lupo SDI (approx. 70mpg) and I love it! I've since lowered the thing, put a roof rack on it and generally tinkered with it. There's a big VAG meet each month at a pub near me and they seem to approve of it too :thumb:. I use it as a transport stuff, don't care where I park it, who borrows it or if it were to get any bumps or minor wounds, and it costs £25 to brim with diesel which gets me many hundreds of miles - a refreshing change from the S8 which is £100 to fill and gets returns 300 miles :wallbash:

And as has been mentioned, every time I jump in the S8 and fire up the cold V10 it's a real treat.

bg60p4.jpg

Used to have an S8 like that one and loved it. :)

Second car you say. Hmm, small, cheap to run, good for round town... Nope, failed all of those with my baby. Huge, atrocious on fuel and it's pathetic trying to park it with so little vision, but it is a laugh. 6.1 Hemi, 400+bhp out of the box and a 0 - 60 in under 5 seconds. It surprises a few from the lights. Not bad for a shopping cart. :D :D :D

Oh, it's no longer on the plate showing, that was how it arrived. :)

SRT%20Nose.jpg

I just bought one AMG and two years later added another. I care about both but I think if I spent £600 on a cheap run-around I'd care about that as well :fail

Bought the Focus as an in-between car after having sold the E55K, got the E63 BT and decided to keep the focus as its so good, Estate so swallows most stuff, grey with a number plate I can hardly remember myself (so flies well under the radar, unlike the E63). Diesel so good on fuel, Titanium spec so some great standard spec (for a focus). Compliments my set up very well.

I plan to get some estate workhorse after I part with Audi in future. It will compliment my SLK55 :) Now have two V8s and swap them depending on passengers or lack of them. Not sure which one to use in winter as one has set of winter tyres, other is quattro.

. I was extra tried on Friday morning, reversed down the driveway and rammed down the wheelie bins; didn't even care, didn't even check for scratches.

You should do, costs a fortune to get new bins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom