Performance Lounge Challenge!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Those of us with non AMG cars are not necessarily "Captain Slows'"! So I though of a challenge for the AMG boys! Koolvin has just got his lovely C43 AMG as shown in project cars. I can do 0-60 in 6 in a bog standard C350 V6! But can the C43? My car is completely unmodified from a performance point of view, no remap, no exhaust mods etc. It can do this:

0 60 Video - YouTube

It also sounds like this:

C350 noise - YouTube

So a challenge, although the video clip says 5.81 secs, I'd actually claim 6 seconds as being a fair regular 0-60 for my car. Can Koolvin's C43 beat my 0-60 of 6 seconds or will he need to modify it to keep up :)??

The non AMG boys await the video proof :D

That's progress for you.
I suspect a healthy C43 will manage a 6 sec 0-60, AMG/Mercedes were underrating the figures in the 90s!.

On the flip side, a C350cdi will do 0-62 in 6 secs also these days.

That's progress for you.
I suspect a healthy C43 will manage a 6 sec 0-60, AMG/Mercedes were underrating the figures in the 90s!.

On the flip side, a C350cdi will do 0-62 in 6 secs also these days.

I agree it will be a close run thing, which is why I raised the challenge. Koolvin has extra cc but I have the 7g box. Time will tell :)

Forget 0-60, how about a round a track challenge ?

Well I'd have to know it the C43 was fast enough to make it a worth while challenge. It's no fun if I just pull away:eek:

I'd also like to know which would be quicker out of Martins E500 and Vins C43.

I think an MBClub Santa Pod meet should be arranged. :thumb:

I'd also like to know which would be quicker out of Martins E500 and Vins C43.

I think an MBClub Santa Pod meet should be arranged. :thumb:

Actually your SL isn't an AMG is it? It can represent the non AMG camp! :)

I'm already liking this - I need to fit my 12v electric turbo from ebay first though to be certain I dont let the side down. ;)

I'm already liking this - I need to fit my 12v electric turbo from ebay first though to be certain I dont let the side down. ;)

Don't start that or Vin will have to get an AMG Tissue Box for his parcel shelf!

An AMG tissue box. Oh come on, that would give him an unfair advantage.

C43 should be 5.8s 0-60 I know this because the Lexus GS430 0-60 is 5.3s :D

Last edited:
The gains only total 70 bhp if it's combined with an EBay AMG Special Edition badge on the dash.

If you do get one, fit it to your exhaust.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1856725-post7.html

I can picture the design now, I could use it like an electric exhaust gas recirculation valve forcing the exhaust gasses back into the engine under pressure in order for me to run on both petrol *and* used hot exhaust gasses at the same time.

Thinking about it, it might allow me to get rid of the exhaust entirely and have a closed loop system.

Why did no one ever think about this before - its genius!

Ah but I bet that AMG didn't have the tissue box! :)

No need for tissues with Lexus, no crying over rust:devil::D:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom