Perils of the mid life crisis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Not me I hasten to add but a friend who turned up yesterday in in a Lotus Exige having disposed of his previous quick but quite sane Audi. Although the yellow/white is a bit questionable it looks OK and is a special edition with sports pack, touring pack, performance pack and aircon.

243bhp in something not very big at all!

Getting into it was a laugh as I am not exactly slim. Getting out a most undignified process! By God it rips alongs and corners soooo well especially as it is on slick-ish tyres.

Got an odd look when said I supposed he intended to use it mainly for weekend and track day fun and that was just as well because using what is effectively a go kart on our wonderfully maintained roads did not bode well for his teeth nor bones.

Mumbled a bit and admitted that owing to "domestic issues" caused by said vehicle it was his daily commuting drive as his wife refuses to even get in it and in revenge has, by virtue of stealing his keys and hiding hers, obtained sole use of the BMW X5 until he gets rid of "that thing". His children keep threatening to buy him a shell suit, chest wig and medallion and he of course is equally determined to prove it is a perfectly viable road car and so it goes on.

Daughter now works and uses the family VW Golf, son is about to go off for final year at Uni. somewhere very distant and has been fettled up with a second hand Ford Focus. Went on to say he really could not justify another car in these "difficult and uncertain times" and hinted that he now knew it had been a silly impulse purchase.

Well sadly this problem may soon have to resolve itself because he works for Lehmans:crazy:

Pffrt i'd have cut myself a second key and kept it on me at all times.

And they ask why I've not married.

Hey, cat, I think I'll take a run to Tahoe. Seeya in a few hours. That okay?

Mrrowowr.

Cool, I'll bring some kibble.

Nuts to them all. Keep driving it until it's repossessed!

Completely agree.

There isn't a huge global recession. Its just the papers and news channels make it appear as if there is. If you don't listen to the TV and don't read the papers then it isn't happening. Simple.

Well it works for me.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom