Period Radio - Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Can anybody tell me what Radio my 124 300TE 4Matic would have come with with (approx) in 1985?

Does anybody have one for sale or know who does?

Bruce
Once you find out give me a shout.
I have loads of Blaupunkts etc in my garage - job lot that came from an MB breaker.

Back in 1985 i think even glass was an optional extra when buying an MB. My old man bought an s123 new in '84 and i don't think there was a standard radio i.e. it came with none or you could choose from one of several options. FWIW he went with a Blaupunkt Cambridge M23, i've no idea if that was a cheaper offering than an MB branded radio or one of the more spendy choices or if it would've been on the options list for 124s when they got launched

Looks like BLAUPUNKT CAMBRIDGE M23 CLASSIC 80s RADIO CASSETTE - VW AUDI BMW PORSCHE SAAB | eBay i've no idea if it still works but it's kicking around somewhere

Bruce
I have loads of Blaupunkts etc in my garage - job lot that came from an MB breaker.

John

This is me shouting now. I would love to relieve you of one of your Blaupunkt radio's. I can't find which model so any old decent looking & working one will suffice. If you would PM me a price then we can sort out details etc.

Many Thanks

Bruce

You tried MB customer services? If they don't have the info to hand you'd like to think they can get it for you.

You tried MB customer services? If they don't have the info to hand you'd like to think they can get it for you.

For a 1985 radio? I doubt it.... my local dealership (Dartford) has stopped responding to me to even investigate some warranty issues and I just cannot get a callback from them!

Mercedes Benz corporate should survey customers post purchase to evaluate dealer relationships.

Bruce

You wouldn't have a Barcelona RCM 83 by any chance would you...???

Creme de la creme would have been a BECKER 754-AM-FM-CASSETTE GRAND PRIX but good ones tend to command "firm" prices now.;)

$_57.JPG

Am in the garage tomorrow lads, will have a looksie at what there is :)

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, I'm after the LED screen only if that helps - just need one where all the pixels still work please...

Creme de la creme would have been a BECKER 754-AM-FM-CASSETTE GRAND PRIX but good ones tend to command "firm" prices now.;)

$_57.JPG

thats on ebay for £50;)

Actually, this thread reminds me I have a satnav-equipped Becker in a box out there too for my now-gone 129, paid a fortune for it as I recall. Must get that sold as well.....

FaeLLe said:
For a 1985 radio? I doubt it.... my local dealership (Dartford) has stopped responding to me to even investigate some warranty issues and I just cannot get a callback from them! Mercedes Benz corporate should survey customers post purchase to evaluate dealer relationships.

Try Orpington, far superior service.

Bought my first Merc in 1989, a 260E and the radio was definitely extra. The dealer fitted a Blaupunkt, which I had stolen within 6 months :(

Pics of all the Blaupunkts/MB radios/Becker that I have in the garage are below if any of them interest you? To be fair though, Bruce has first refusal as he asked first.
20151011_170102_zps3otftmcd.jpg

20151011_170109_zps5sprnqbi.jpg

20151011_170116_zpsj88oddu0.jpg

20151011_170139_zpspozlfbm5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom