Permanent live fuse to piggyback .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gazwould

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI
For hardwiring a dashcam to S/W204 .

Don't you wanted a switch feed otherwise the camera will stay on permanently..

Permanent , the parking mode has a selectable auto shutdown mode and wake up upon G- shock so no battery issues , far superior to a 11.6V battery ( flat battery ) protection hardwire mode , lol .

I thought even the budget dashcams all had supercapacitors to power them when ignition is off.

I thought even the budget dashcams all had supercapacitors to power them when ignition is off.
I think the built in Batteries and SuperCaps are there to ensure the CAM shuts down clean after you remove power, otherwise the video clips could become corrupt due to the hard termination.

I think the built in Batteries and SuperCaps are there to ensure the CAM shuts down clean after you remove power, otherwise the video clips could become corrupt due to the hard termination.

I thought I read it can power the device for a short time if the g sensor is activated. I've not tried it though.

Batt live in passenger foot-well just behind the plastic trim.Put in an inline fuse

I really want to use a fuse tap normal or mini size with a female cig socket as that is what I have now to transfer over .

1M-1-5mm2-Car-Cigarette-Cigar-Lighter-DC12V-Extension-ATC-Fuse-Tap-Holder-Lead.jpg_640x640.jpg

Just need to know a suitable permanent live fuse to tap ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom