Persecution stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some will argue that historically, the British Empire always saw war as an economic activity... and if you ask bank robbers they will tell you they see their 'trade' this way as well.

I think my point is that there are very many good arguments for and against war (any war), but to say that we won't fight because it's too expensive means one of two things: either we got our priorities wrong, or we opted to go to war for all the wrong reasons in the first place.

Wars should be fought or avoided on merit, not cost.

Last edited:
I have MBClub.uk stickers in my rear windows. Reading some of the threads on here I figured that these were actually persecution stickers. Or is it just my paranoia?

Ok guy's point taken and ignored, get a life......

Clearly everyone who picked on you never speeds or does anything wrong.

Obviously most people are very worried about people doing 33 in a 30 and are pleased that the police ignore real crime to concentrate on revenue raising motoring fines.

Obviously most people are very worried about people doing 33 in a 30 and are pleased that the police ignore real crime to concentrate on revenue raising motoring fines.

Fundamental and deliberate misinterpretation of what people wrote. Most said in terms if they speed they accept the punishment brought on by their breaking the law.

As for that tired old cliche about "real" crime, as most speeding offences are detected by cameras and dealt with by non police officers it is hardly taking front line police men off the streets.

In my considerable experience with criminals this was always one of their mantras when caught for theft,fraud,fighting,drunk and illegal driving etc, "the police should be out catching real criminals",never the crimes they had been caught for (along with the "everyone's doing it,why pick on me" complaint)

Not being funny but who you ask and in what area you ask the question, what is real crime, would vary enormously. Do we really want everyone to be allowed to apply their own values as to how we all live and interact as citizens?

Besides, and no offence or insult intended, all the time 'the police' have to deal with thousands of deaths and injuries a year on the roads because people can't obey simple rules takes a huge amount of time, detracting from their ability to deal with so-called real crime, I would respectfully suggest.

Last edited:
Pipmk, that was a good post and so true.....Thanks

.- ... / .. / ... .- .. -.. / -....- / ... .- -. -.-. - .. -- --- -. .. --- ..- ... / -.- -. --- -... ...

.-.. .- ..- --. .... / --- ..- - / .-.. --- ..- -..

:d:d

Last edited:
Looking like some posters are lost for words above......lol

While breaking the law should be frowned upon, there are instances where local authorities have intentionally misled motorists, especially with regards to parking.

The BBC Watchdog show highlighted the plights of many motorists being fined for parking on double yellow lines that were so faded they had almost disappeared, or failing to properly signpost parking restrictions, or overzealous traffic wardens ticketing vehicles even though they were still within the time period (including excess).

I even watched a program that highlighted the plight of the town centre, where once free parking was now being charged for, hindering local businesses. Even after business owners protested to the local authority, they refused to budge, putting revenue before trade.

Sometimes the short range goals outweigh the long range goals. Fuel Duty is an example where the experts say that reducing Duty will encourage more trade, meaning more tax revenue, yet the government refuse to reduce this Duty, putting many hauliers on the borderline, and forcing retail prices to remain higher than they should.

I also am disgusted that local authorities are considered as such. The local council should be a group of people charged with looking after the welfare of their residents, and should be acting in the best interests of the people, but we often see councils acting for their own ends, with no regards to the local population and their opinions, and they bandy the word 'Authority' way too much, as if they have a right to rule over us.

So while speeding would certainly be frowned upon, there are definite elements of local and national government that set out to confuse and abuse us motorists. If fines are supposed to be a deterrent, why does the government earn so much from them? If fines aren't working, as revenue demonstrates, then they should be looking at other forms of enforcement, or ensuring that enforcement is clearly labelled.

LMAO, that's the only fetish I have these days :dk:

Really? You're missing out. I've got loads. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom