Personalised registration plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
HI

I have found a plate that fits for my mother and father in-law, and its available from the DVLA, is it better to buy direct from them or from a registration plate dealer? like Newreg or registration transfers?

Regards

Tan

Buy direct from DVLA bought all my 3 from there and it includes the transfer fee where other companies don't

That is what I thought was the best thing to do, but just thought that I would check.

Certainly buy direct. The reg companies will buy the plate for you from DVLA, they then sell it to you adding 17.5% vat AND £80 transfer fee, it will also take about 4 weeks longer to complete the transfer.

A plate on DVLA for say £250 would cost £373.75 from brokers, HTH.

Brought mine from DVLA really easy and helpful to deal with and the staff at the local office were really pleasant
I did notice a couple of people at the office having problems but each time they seamed to be protesting "The person who sold me the plate said"
and I must admit remembering thinking glad I brought direct from DVLA

Buy from DVLA. Service is fast – from buying online to putting new plates on car can be done in a week. It's also a lot cheaper. A no-brainer.

If it's avaiable through the DVLA then go with them every time. Alot cheaper in some cases, generally cheaper in almost all cases I would say!

Darren

Always DVLA.

The ads of independants are miss leading, as they add £80 and £25 to price, which is included at DVLA.. (i think)

Some of the plates I've bought through speedyreg have cost around £150 all in, which is pretty good I reckon (as long as you like Irish plates!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom