Personalised Registrations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

npuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
Looking for a numberplate LL NN LLL, the new style. The letters need to be specific but the number doesnt matter. There isnt a single combination available on the DVLA. Just to clarify the plate is not LL ** LLL.

It doesnt spell out a word or is something one would expect there to be demand for so I am surprised there are none available.

I was told any unused ones from dealers go back to the DVLA and are held for 2 years before being released for sale, so any issued in 2010 to a dealer but not assigned to a car will go up for sale this year.

You can register your interest in a plate with the DVLA but it has to be a specific combination.

Does anyone have any access to any databases to see if there are any number combinations of this plate not assigned to car?

Last edited:
LL ** LLL isnt the specific plate I am looking for, the L was just to signify Letter.

just do a search on the dvla reg plate website

Mocas is your man.

The only databases I have access to are those that are freely available online (eg: taxdisc.direct.gov.uk, autotrader.co.uk, tyre-shopper.co.uk, etc), plus some printed reference material which is mainly historical.

When the new registrations are released every six months (around 4 months prior to registration start date), there is a wider range of combinations available to purchase online for a limited period. During the month before the registrations start being issued, the range is restriced, which may be why the combination the OP is looking for is not being returned on the DVLA's site.

I'm not sure whether unissued registrations are fed back into the online database once the age identifier index has expired, although I can see why it would make sense to do this.

I think your best bet would be contact the DVLA with your specific requirements and see what they can do for you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'm not sure whether unissued registrations are fed back into the online database once the age identifier index has expired, although I can see why it would make sense to do this.

This is what the DLVA told me, they will be put on the website but only after 2 years.

In that case, I've learned something today. :)

Me too!

As MOCAS has stated when there is a new issue a wider range of combinations is availble for purchase, however once the new year identifier becomes current the wider range is removed and the combinations of letters is more restrictive.

It may be worth having a look when the 62 numbers are released soon (I think around June).

Last edited:
I know someone selling WW11WWW if that's any good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom