Perspex rear window renovation using Renovo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan M

Car
SL320 V6, 1978 VW Camper
Just thought I would show my recent efforts with the Renovo window polish in case anyone else thinking of using it. It was easy to use and as you can see made a big improvement to the windows - I can actually see out of the back now :bannana:

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6323.jpg

Hi and what an amazing result..
I dont suppose its known if the product you used would work on clearing up the heaslight lenses which are a polycarbonate ?
Mine are OK but there is someone I know whos headlights lenses are positively milky and far from clear.. It must be affecting the night driving very much.

That's very good.

I guess on many cars the rear screens will have started to crack before they get that bad though?

I think this also works on perspex.

I use it on the rear screen of a 911. It works wonders!

Yes, I've used Hindsight on my rear screens with similarly good results. It also returns some pliability which should prevent cracking. I just wait for the day when I return to the car to find the screens slashed. Sadly I see this all too often on other's cars.

Which side did you do, left or right? :D

is it that expensive that you can only afford to do one side?

:)

Thats great stuff, where do you get it from?

Hi and what an amazing result..
I dont suppose its known if the product you used would work on clearing up the heaslight lenses which are a polycarbonate ?
Mine are OK but there is someone I know whos headlights lenses are positively milky and far from clear.. It must be affecting the night driving very much.

Sorry really don't know - you could try contacting Renovo direct.
If the lens is scratched there is a product sold to pollish scratches from motorhome and caravan plastic windows - a material that is probably closer to the headlights than the soft material used for the soft top windows.
I have done this to our motorhome and it really was able to take out some serious scratches.

is it that expensive that you can only afford to do one side?

:)

no just didn't like the view through the other side - all I would see through that is the boring frauds and vauxhalls while overtaking them. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom