Perthshire in Autumn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

del320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1996 E320 Coupe
Just back from short break in Pitlochry. Although I know the area like the back of my hand, it's been years since we covered the area in such detail.

One Scottish loch in autumn may look like any other, but we thought it all jolly nice!

Sorry I can't compete with *** (banned) for quality.:devil:

IMGP5861s.jpg~original

Loch Tummel

IMGP5862s.jpg~original

Also Loch Tummel (south road)
IMGP5866s.jpg~original

Loch Faskally

IMGP5878s.jpg~original

Loch Tummel from Queen's View. Nice view of Beauly - Denny power line in distance. :(

IMGP5883s.jpg~original

Loch Rannoch and Schiehallion (1083m)

IMGP5896s.jpg~original

Wade's bridge, Aberfeldy

IMGP5899s.jpg~original

Loch Tay from Kenmore. Ben More (1174m) and Ben Lawers ((1214m) - been up both.:crazy:
IMGP5900s.jpg~original

Loch Tay.

Just back from short break in Pitlochry. Although I know the area like the back of my hand, it's been years since we covered the area in such detail.

One Scottish loch in autumn may look like any other, but we thought it all jolly nice!

Sorry I can't compete with *** (banned) for quality.:devil:

IMGP5861s.jpg~original

Loch Tummel

IMGP5862s.jpg~original

Also Loch Tummel (south road)
IMGP5866s.jpg~original

Loch Faskally

IMGP5878s.jpg~original

Loch Tummel from Queen's View. Nice view of Beauly - Denny power line in distance. :(

IMGP5883s.jpg~original

Loch Rannoch and Schiehallion (1083m)

IMGP5896s.jpg~original

Wade's bridge, Aberfeldy

IMGP5899s.jpg~original

Loch Tay from Kenmore. Ben More (1174m) and Ben Lawers ((1214m) - been up both.:crazy:
IMGP5900s.jpg~original

Loch Tay.

Almost as good in verse:

Sure by Tummel and Loch Rannoch and Lochaber I will go
By heather tracks wi' heaven in their wiles.
If it's thinkin' in your inner heart the braggart's in my step
You've never smelled the tangle o' the Isles.
Oh the far Coolins are puttin' love on me
As step I wi' my cromack to the Isles.

Fabulous country, I particularly like it in the Autumn, spent a bit of time at school in those parts.

That brings back some memories.

Was at school at Loch Rannoch many years ago. Went up Schiehallion a few times too. Shame about the power lines at the far end of the Queens view.

Good looking shots Del

I assume you must have the winter tyres on, otherwise you'd never have made it in the adverse conditions depicted at Loch Tay?

That would be Sìdh Chailleann that you're referring to...:devil::D:D

One learns something every day, although I doubt i could pronounce it properly:D

Do you remember that store Mckerkers and McNaughton or whatever it was called in KR?

Lovely photos, lovely roads, proper air! It brings back memories of my mega summer drive and makes me a little bit envious! Well done glad you had a great time :)

Great pictures and such a beautiful area too. Always look forward to going there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom