Pet hates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They invariably ignore Rule 66 of the Highway Code and ride in large groups, or at least in pairs, and will never ride in single file, you cannot get past them, so all the traffic backs up at 10mph - CARS CAN GO FASTER THAN THAT!

For balance, so can cyclists.

I’ve thought many tines about this. But the more I think the more I realise the reason.

1) A long line of single file cyclists will take much longer to pass meaning the motorist is half on the other side of the road for longer.

2) The cyclists travelling 2 or 3 abreast means the motorist has to wait until there’s no on coming traffic to make the pass. (Thus giving the cyclists a wide/safe birth). If the cyclists are single file then the motorist is tempted to pass much closer to the cyclists to squeeze by oncoming traffic.

Might be nonsense but that’s my take on it.

...guess who the signs don't apply to?..

I recently saw a sign that made me chuckle - it was a 'no entry' sign, with a smaller sign underneath saying 'Except cyclists'.

Since when did cyclist ever take notice of 'no entry' signs in the first place.......?

As an HGV driver in London, Cyclists are a menace, I understand from their point of view there’s plenty room to budge past me, but they don’t realise I can hardly see them, pulling away from lights and general truck driving requires attention at all times, I need to watch my swing, check if somebody is going to jump in in front of me etc etc, I’ve only one pair of eyes and can’t look everywhere at all times.

So in conclusion yes, they are a pain in the @rse, but they are entitled to be there, they just need a heads up on general discipline and appreciate cars, and all larger vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve thought many tines about this. But the more I think the more I realise the reason.

1) A long line of single file cyclists will take much longer to pass meaning the motorist is half on the other side of the road for longer.

2) The cyclists travelling 2 or 3 abreast means the motorist has to wait until there’s no on coming traffic to make the pass. (Thus giving the cyclists a wide/safe birth). If the cyclists are single file then the motorist is tempted to pass much closer to the cyclists to squeeze by oncoming traffic.

Might be nonsense but that’s my take on it.

Interesting thought, try it on a 'bendy' country road - you'll have plenty of time to think about it!

What does, 'Better than half price', actually mean?

Essential Oils. Will we die if we don't use them?

Cyclists are a menace. Why do they need to cycle on the pavement anyway. The government should ban them. After all, you don't get car drivers driving along the pavement, forcing pedestrians into the road, so why do cyclists insist on cycling into you, then demanding you ,'GET OUT THE WAY!!!'.

Approaching a two lane roundabout this morning I was behind a fiesta (in the correct lane) this morning with a cyclist (wrong lane) to his left when all of a sudden the cyclist stuck his right hand out to cut across the fiesta! The fiesta was having none of that and tapped the throttle to gain distance and get out of the cyclists way which left the cyclist shaking his fist at him.

On Friday a cyclist was riding up the high street slowing the traffic which was fair enough as there wasn't room to overtake and just as everyone approached the little roundabout the cyclist hopped onto the pavement to cut the roundabout out, dodged between the cars patiently waiting to our left and carried on his merry way. I'm sure when I passed him I heard the car behind yell wan*er at him lol

I think any cyclist that travels on the road need a number plate so they can be identified and reported for undue care and attention the same as any driver can be.

One of my Pet Hates?

The Road Sign: "New Road Layout Ahead"

If you have never travelled on that road before, it's totally meaningless! :wallbash:

If you are local to that road and the junction has, Changed to a Roundabout/Changed Priority/Added Traffic Lights/Become A Single or Dual Carriageway, you drive to the Rules of the Road, not what they used to be FFS!:rolleyes::eek:

I think any cyclist that travels on the road need a number plate so they can be identified and reported for undue care and attention the same as any driver can be.

And possibly third party insurance? - but then they can't cause an accident or damage can they?(or injury!)

Reactions: 219
Builders... You should see the mess they have made out the back of us. They are a law unto themselves. The other day they were cutting block paving to fit, causing a massive dust cloud. They are supposed to use some sort of dust supression, such as water, yet don't, and don't care.

They went through my fence and replaced the damaged lap with crap lap.

There is sand everywhere, and our own private road now looks like a sand dune.

Even though they have an easement to 'pass and repass', they treat our private road as their own personal parking strip. They even drop oil on our private road.

Builders!

(Or should I say Cowboy Builders, as not all builders are so disrespectful.)

Builders... You should see the mess they have made out the back of us. They are a law unto themselves. The other day they were cutting block paving to fit, causing a massive dust cloud. They are supposed to use some sort of dust supression, such as water, yet don't, and don't care.

They went through my fence and replaced the damaged lap with crap lap.

There is sand everywhere, and our own private road now looks like a sand dune.

Even though they have an easement to 'pass and repass', they treat our private road as their own personal parking strip. They even drop oil on our private road.

Builders!

(Or should I say Cowboy Builders, as not all builders are so disrespectful.)

Wow! So glad you added the last sentence.

London scaffolders who just double-park their lorries in residential streets blocking the road while the scaffold is being erected (typically 2 to 4 hours). On one occasion I challenged them and asked "why won't you get a parking suspension from the council and park in a bay"? The answer was " 'coz people don't want to pay mate".

Wow! So glad you added the last sentence.

Good builders are so hard to find because they are hidden amongst the chancers and bodge merchants.

I have an engineer who services my oil burner and he is more than reasonable.

When my oil tank developed a split, two firms told me that it would cost in the region of £2,000 to remove and resite a new 1300 litre oil tank, including installing firewalls and other regulatory stuff. Then this third engineer told me that if I replaced like for like, then the regs at the time of the original installation would apply, and that the new regs only apply to a change of installation, such as a capacity change.

He saved me in the region of £1500 thanks to his honesty.

Ironically, the brickies who built the two bungalows before these chancers moved onto the site were consumate professionals. Just a shame this current bunch of tards can't be trusted.

Those that say smoking is a filthy, disgusting habit, but eat the insides and limbs of murdered animals.
Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone...

When you get grief from Mrs & daughter for using to toilet and creating 'a stench' as they call it. God forbid I use the toilet for what it was built for!

Where do they want me to go, in the garden???

(Sorry John(Developer))
Women create smells all of their own when they go , and air fresheners do nothing to address it .

I always open the window BEFORE I take a Donald Trump .

And possibly third party insurance? - but then they can't cause an accident or damage can they?(or injury!)
While you’re at it , make it a requirement to pass a cycling proficiency test and have it as a category on the driving licence , which road going cyclists would then need to have .

While you’re at it , make it a requirement to pass a cycling proficiency test and have it as a category on the driving licence , which road going cyclists would then need to have .

........and a legible registration plate on the bike.

A friend had a cyclist, going the wrong way down a one way, t-bone her. Cyclist jumped back on the bike and rode off (typical behaviour?).

The constant whinge to put the toilet seat down. I now automatically put the seat down (and the lid at the same time:)
:D;)
) which now get's my ear bent not to put the lid down.

Reactions: 219
........and a legible registration plate on the bike.

A friend had a cyclist, going the wrong way down a one way, t-bone her. Cyclist jumped back on the bike and rode off (typical behaviour?).
A registration number for the cyclist would be fine , as many own multiple bikes . It could be displayed across the back of a yellow tabbard , cyclists not displaying would be stopped and issued a penalty notice - easy pickings .

Same for drivers - register the driver , not the vehicle , and once issued a number it would stay with you for life . Just slot your plates into whichever vehicle you’re driving , same number would apply if cycling - just a road user ID number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom