Petition - Compulsory retesting of elderly drivers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some would but others know better. Im actually 68 and have the annoying habit of driving on the roads and also signalling in advance of my planned change of lane or direction.

People joke about my age at work but strangely enough I usually am the first to be asked when a little problem needs resolving.

Had my eyes tested a few months ago incidentally and wear glasses for driving to improve my distance vision, although the optician said my sight was good enough to pass the number plate reading test required to pass the driving test.

I try not to criticise other drivers, regardless of age or gender or what vehicle they drive, but be aware and tolerant and concentrate on my own driving.

My mistake, I had meant to include the post to which you were answering.

I also intend to work until mid to late 60s and that will include some driving. My Dad realised that his driving wasn't up to scratch and let Mum drive him around for years - he had previously been a high-mileage enthusiastic motorist.

I won't be signing either, this petition is another version of the useless one started recently by a member here. If you want my support for your petition you should thoroughly research it and provide solid evidence to support your view.

I wonder what happened to the member who wanted to rise speed limits because 'everybody' breaks them now? School holidays over I presume.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mistake, I had meant to include the post to which you were answering.

I also intend to work until mid to late 60s and that will include some driving. My Dad realised that his driving wasn't up to scratch and let Mum drive him around for years - he had previously been a high-mileage enthusiastic motorist.

I won't be signing either, this petition is another version of the useless one started recently by a member here. If you want my support for your petition you should thoroughly research it and provide solid evidence to support your view.

I wonder what happened to the member who wanted to rise speed limits because 'everybody' breaks them now? School holidays over I presume.

No offence taken. Thanks

For all you youngsters calling for this, be careful what you wish for, you will be old one day :doh:

^^^ If you're lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom