Petrol Additives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK32AMG

Car
SLK32 AMG
Do any AMG owners use a petrol cleaning additive in there cars ?

I only use Shell V Power in my car and the claim is it has cleaning additives mixed in, not sure how true this is.

Does anyone think its worth or safe to use a cleaning additive like redex now and again just to keep things clean in your engine.

I use Redex, as well as V Power, though not with every fill up.

Just V-Power for me. IIRC the manual advises NOT to use additives and so I've steered clear to avoid any problems should we need to make warranty claims, etc.

I use Redex, as well as V Power, though not with every fill up.

Same here. I'm not sure if the Redex makes any difference but it's cheap in Costco so I bought some 4 bottle packs as thought it was worth a try for a bit. My car is running well so nothing negative to report.

Same here. I'm not sure if the Redex makes any difference but it's cheap in Costco so I bought some 4 bottle packs as thought it was worth a try for a bit. My car is running well so nothing negative to report.

The same for me.

The car was new to me, so I thought a bit of injector cleaner wouldn't go a miss. I can't say it's made any noticeable performance difference, but I do recall an article about various ways of restoring/maintaining an engine's performance and Redex came out on top.

I might just get a bottle on next visit to Costcoand give it a go, I was looking at that Terraclean and not sure whether to give it a go sometime. Has anyone had that done.

While looking through owners manual for some info it does state not to use fuel additives

whether it's cat compatible is the key.

£4 bottle of ? compared to £2,000 worth of cats ?

Just bought a bottle of Miller's after a number of positive comments by a number of forum members. Will provide some f/back in due course.

I remember using Redex on my old bike few years back a few times and I ended up having to take the carbs apart and they were covered in red powder inside blocking everything. Ever since than I don't use any additives/cleaners on my cars and bikes, just premium petrol (Vpower/BP ultimate). Anyway I've seen a video a while ago of bloke doing a test on how petrol is burning. He has a ordinary petrol from bp and shell and also their premium versions. He put some in a different glass pots and put a light to it. Premium petrol burned (both bp and shell) completely leaving no residue in the pots but ordinary petrol has left like oily residue. And since you get a few more miles out of the tank using a premium stuff you don't really overpay anyway. There might be a additives out there that are really performing well but my experience with Redex put me right off of using them again.
Regards, Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom