Petrol Prices Set To Rise Once More, Say AA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tankers yes but tractors are classed as plant and run on gas oil (red diesel) which has no fuel duty tax

Daz

Not true. Red diesel has a lower taxation but it is still taxed and because of the lower taxation the rising cost of oil makes a larger percentage difference. In fact the tax on red has more than doubled in the last few years, a fact that not many are aware of but we all pay for.

Not true. Red diesel has a lower taxation but it is still taxed and because of the lower taxation the rising cost of oil makes a larger percentage difference. In fact the tax on red has more than doubled in the last few years, a fact that not many are aware of but we all pay for.

Just another thing for us farmers to grumble about :D

One thing i've never understood is the governments attitude to the criminal fraternity buying or nicking red diesel, removing the dye and selling it on as road diesel. Surely having both fuels appropriately coloured would make the process harder i.e. remove one dye and then re-dye to the road fuel colour.

Prices will rise, one reason our beloved E320 W124 is sadly for sale and i'm using a ford mundane at the mo :(

I still think we are due a lull in prices later on, once the middle east turmoil sorts out, things will drop price wise.

Whether likely or not, I get this impression.

I think they need to be back down to £1.00 per litre with the stabiliser introduced at that level.

I might be able to run a 5.5 V8 and not even be that bothered by prices as they are now, but I think those who require cars for their work e.g. carers etc. who are probably on bugger all income need the help.

I think in these kind of examples, perhaps the tax either needs to be non-existant or a lot lower / subsidised.

For me, running an E55K and using it is still a lot cheaper than getting the train to work which would be the alternative.

I'm amazed that $48 will brim a caddy - no wonder they drive round in Hummers and other big V8 carage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom