petrol pump rules

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
yesterday i drove up to the petrol pump, parked behind another car so i could use the 2nd pump (2 pumps in a row and there are about 8 rows in total)

it was very busy and all the other pumps were in use.

when i went inside to pay the car in front of me left, so the pump in front of me was free, but due to the all the pumps were being used there was no way anyone could have driven thru and parked their car there.

i was wrong, a c*&k in a BMW 3 series, drove all the way around all the other cars and reversed his car back in to the spot in front of me, just as i came walking out. (i was in the middle section so he had do do quite a bit of reverse driving)

i could not get past him, and i could not reverse out (due to traffic behind) me (3 cars waiting)

i just had to sit there for 5 minutes while he filled up his car, then he went inside to pay which took another 5 minutes and when he walked back he waived at me, like he appreciated that i had let him do that.

i could have whacked him but thought it is saturday morning took a couple of deep breaths and both of us were on the way.

all the other people at the petrol station who saw what happened had a mixture of disbelief and laughter, i guess it was comical if you were not the person sitting there waiting for him

There are some very inconsiderate people about, self, self, self all the time.:crazy:

When a gas station is busy in the US it used to be common for people to fill up & & pull away from the pump to free it up, then pay.

I suppose you could have done that & freed up two pumps if you'd thought of it.

In the larger fuel stations I do exactly that, at least as long as they have a notice saying that you're allowed to do that ;).

However, here in London there are some very small and linear stations where there is no other space to park or where there are only one or two spaces that often are taken.

However, here in London there are some very small and linear stations where there is no other space to park or where there are only one or two spaces that often are taken.

I've even seen people pull up to a pump, jump out and go straight to the kiosk to buy fags etc. Not a drop of fuel purchased yet they still park up at a pump, even though there are others waiting behind. :mad:

When a gas station is busy in the US it used to be common for people to fill up & & pull away from the pump to free it up, then pay.

i couldn't i was inside paying for my petrol when the person in front of me left. but i probably would have done or at least pulled up 1 space as there is not much parking space around there

from the BMW forum......

you wouldn't believe what I saw yesterday, busy petrol station, cars being forced to queue back out onto the road. This ****head in a Merc filled up his car, blocking off two pumps and trying to block the whole forecourt. Then would you believe it, rather than pulling forward 2 car lengths he sauntered off into the shop to pay for his petrol - arrogant, selfish ****

So, I pulled around the front of him, not easy because the **** jockey had done his best to block the entire forecourt but I squeezed through and reversed up to him and managed to get some petrol.

It was a bit busy in the shop, so I gave him a waive to acknowledge that I'd kept him waiting for me

:D

in aus we fill and then move out and park in a space near the counter
where we pay.

Works well i think moves everyone along. it would be better
if it was a standard procedure but it is not.
so some do it and some don't :)

It is now common in the US to have to go to the kiosk & pay for your fuel up front before they will even switch the pump on. And if you do not realise this, they are quite happy to watch you stand there with the nozzle in your tank wondering when the fuel is going to start pumping. Maybe it lightens up their day for 10 or 15 minutes?

Russ

Did that the other day at Sainburys and got told off by the blonde inside.

Last edited:
in aus we fill and then move out and park in a space near the counter
where we pay.

Works well i think moves everyone along. it would be better
if it was a standard procedure but it is not.
so some do it and some don't :)

I was in Luxemburg earlier this year and went to fill up at a Petrol station with a large discount store. It was Sunday and packed to the gunnels, all pumps in use. Eventually I managed to get a pump in front of the cashier's window. Filled up leaving my car where it was, even though some people moved off the pump before paying. I left it there because all alternative parking was taken. I went in to pay and was in the queue of the cashier nearest the window. The cashier suddenly started banging on the window to a man coming into the shop telling him in german to move his car. Then my wife gets out of my car to stretch her legs and the cashier started to bang on the window again, shouting abuse at her too. I told her, in English that my wife wouldn't understand, then she started swearing in german about the English and there attitude etc, not at me but facing the wall? I wasn't having that, so I just said in a loud voice, in german, thank you very much. I have never seen a woman shut up so quick in my life, she never said another word up to the time I got to the counter to pay. I gave her my card and she said in german to put my pin number in, which I did. When she finished serving me I said, in german, thank you and she replied politely-Result.:D :D

we have a petrol station..

we have four pumps in a row, in total 8 cars can fill up at any one time (both sides) ... all of them serve all three grades.

You wouldnt believe how often people will just pull up to the first pump, stop and fill up, leaving a queue behind them up the road...

If i see it before they get out i run out and ask them to move forward. I tend to give a light "Tut" hoping that they may use their common sense in future.

I have to say here that its usually the fairer sex that do this too..

yesterday i drove up to the petrol pump, parked behind another car so i could use the 2nd pump (2 pumps in a row and there are about 8 rows in total)

it was very busy and all the other pumps were in use.

when i went inside to pay the car in front of me left, so the pump in front of me was free, but due to the all the pumps were being used there was no way anyone could have driven thru and parked their car there.

i was wrong, a c*&k in a BMW 3 series, drove all the way around all the other cars and reversed his car back in to the spot in front of me, just as i came walking out. (i was in the middle section so he had do do quite a bit of reverse driving)

i could not get past him, and i could not reverse out (due to traffic behind) me (3 cars waiting)

i just had to sit there for 5 minutes while he filled up his car, then he went inside to pay which took another 5 minutes and when he walked back he waived at me, like he appreciated that i had let him do that.

i could have whacked him but thought it is saturday morning took a couple of deep breaths and both of us were on the way.

all the other people at the petrol station who saw what happened had a mixture of disbelief and laughter, i guess it was comical if you were not the person sitting there waiting for him

So you want to 'whack' guy who used spare pump, and also was friendly-waving at you ? Appart for showing that your IQ is equal to your body temperature, was there another point to this post ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom