Petrol Shortage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ade B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
This could be in the wrong place but a quick response would be useful..

I'm heading up north this evening to my folks in South Cheshire. Has the petrol frenzy got that far south yet - Down here in South London seems fine at the moment but I'll need to top up on the way back and don't want to get stranded on Sunday.

I would cycle, but our 5 month old might object :D

Ade

PS to keep it MB related, I'm obviously going in the CE at a steady 60mph ;)

Once the TV news has been to town on it tonight, I think sat will see a run up here in the North.

Once the TV news has been to town on it tonight, I think sat will see a run up here in the North.

Better get down to the fuel station and squeeze as much as you can into the ML. :crazy:

I gotta head up to Aberdeen and back, (300 odd miles) and I have a 5p litre off fuel voucher, I want to run the car low and brim it, but some pumps are rationing it, but I will pounce :D

I'm worried about the pipeline being closed........... that can't be turned off and on like a tap......if this goes on it could prove serious.......or am i over reacting

2 out of the 3 petrol stations here in Arbroath had no fuel this evening. The 3rd (Morrisons) had queues of about 20 mins for the pumps earlier. I went down just before the 10pm closing time and had the forecourt to myself to fill up.

Drivers in the North West will probably start their panic buying in earnest from Sunday on, after a weekend of news from Scotland. With a fresh working week ahead of them ( yep, even some people on here actually have jobs ) they will start to see ration signs popping up on Tuesday and then I predict chaos by Friday.

Drivers in the North West will probably start their panic buying in earnest from Sunday on, after a weekend of news from Scotland. With a fresh working week ahead of them ( yep, even some people on here actually have jobs ) they will start to see ration signs popping up on Tuesday and then I predict chaos by Friday.

In the far noth west - Cumbria - nothing abnormal at all. No queues. Petrol as normal....

No diesel at either Asda in Hull, queues at some stations. Doesn't look too bad yet but I reckon it'll be silly tomorrow. And all because the news media like to use the word "panic"

I done a 350 mile drive tonight. Arrive Greenock 20:00. Tesco, Morrison's and Asda, Closed. Out of stock. Dunoon. closed also.

I have about 3 gallons left. No petrol = problem. I need a fill for my return Monday am.

I will drink whiskey tonight, cross that bridge tomorrow ?

Just popped to my local Tesco garage in Essex to get some milk and bread for breakfast. I didn't want any fuel but the queue to get into the petrol station was huge. I parked over the road and walked across and the attendant confirmed it had been hectic all morning with people panic buying.

As we saw in the last fuel protests, most train companies simply can't add a few more carriages to take up the extra demand hence the need for people to fill up and keep motoring.

You wait until delivery firms have to reduce their deliveries of bread, milk etc to supermarkets as they run short of diesel.
You might also remember that water companies started to run out of the chemicals used to treat water due to less deliveries and the threat of water supply disruption came very close to happening.

Last edited:
Cannot access the link.:eek:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

green_shield.png
Click here to close this webpage.

red_shield.png
Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

<LI id=errorExpl1>If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting. <LI id=errorExpl2>When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com. <LI id=errorExpl3>If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.
For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

no problem here in south cheshire late this morning.

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom