Petrol Vito/Viano - Anyone got any experiences?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just found a 123 vito with all the toys at a good price.
LPG? works on the ml350?
alot cheaper than a 120 vito.
Some one must have one!

Where would you put an LPG tank on a Vito? Exposed, slung under the back I guess ... then have the spare wheel inside somewhere?

^ If you want you can replace the actual fuel tank with LPG and have a smaller fuel tank as reserve. Does the Vito have a spare? If to you could get a 60L donut tank in there?

There are lots of options now for tanks...if you cannot fit it in a Vito there's not much help for any smaller car out there?

Dads ols C200 Estate from several years ago ran fine on LPG and 120K miles, since then they have come on a long way with many more options.

^ If you want you can replace the actual fuel tank with LPG and have a smaller fuel tank as reserve. Does the Vito have a spare? If to you could get a 60L donut tank in there?

There are lots of options now for tanks...if you cannot fit it in a Vito there's not much help for any smaller car out there?

Dads ols C200 Estate from several years ago ran fine on LPG and 120K miles, since then they have come on a long way with many more options.

The Vito's spare is exposed, in an under-slung carrier behind the back axle ... wouldn't think you'd want to put a tank there. The inside of a van is a big empty space, nowhere to tuck a tank (unlike the boot of a car). If you replaced the existing tank I don't know where you'd put the filler. The normal one is on the pillar between the front and rear doors but retro-fitting something there would be very tricky I think. Not saying it couldn't be done, but more tricky than a car I think.

Must be a way :) underslung I 'think' is where it goes on the Jeeps even RangeRovers if you want a decent range.

:)

But arranging a filler at the back might take some thought.

Back to the Vans, I like these ones :)

DSCF2855.jpg

Thats the 204 sport, nice but over 30K new
I can get a LPG tank inside or where the spare wheel fits in the compact.
That was never the issue, whats the 3.7L like.
I did 70,000 miles in a V280 on lpg, I fitted it my self, no problems.
123 are rare to find but on LPG are an idea.
Also the viano 3.5 petrol could be done.

Is the engine in my bus the same in the Vito? or is mine out of some older merc? (3.7 V6 petrol)

Very smooth engine, drives very well in my Bus

The same I believe, the newer one is 3.5

I can get a LPG tank inside or where the spare wheel fits in the compact.
The spare goes on a bracket above the wheel arch. Depending on what you carry in your van, possibly not a good location for an LPG tank. Not actually a great location for a spare, IMHO!

Not if I get there first! :thumb:

I'm not after the car, I can't afford a change at the moment. I am however, very keenly keeping an eye on the market. And talking about that, I extremely annoyed at poor car sales guys who can't advertise their cars with proper information. Makes searching and categorising the results a real PITA.

Anyway, if you still are afraid someone might nab the car from under your nose, let me know when you either have the car or it's gone somewhere else.

Thanks! :cool:

I'm not after the car, I can't afford a change at the moment. I am however, very keenly keeping an eye on the market. And talking about that, I extremely annoyed at poor car sales guys who can't advertise their cars with proper information. Makes searching and categorising the results a real PITA.

Anyway, if you still are afraid someone might nab the car from under your nose, let me know when you either have the car or it's gone somewhere else.

Thanks! :cool:

Just joking, it's a 123 DL but 75000 miles :rolleyes: up for 13000 plus vat.
you can buy an Viano for that.
The van is in Bristol.

Just joking, it's a 123 DL but 75000 miles :rolleyes: up for 13000 plus vat.
you can buy an Viano for that.
The van is in Bristol.

A bit more mileage than I would like, but the price is starting to get to where I want it.
But it's "just" a van (i.e 3 seater)? I'm kind of after a 5+ seater that can be converted to transport 2 + 2 motorbikes. :rolleyes::D

Used prices are just crazy at the moment... :eek:

What the mpg figures for the 123?

I'm only averaging 25 mpg from my 120 diesel (up to 30 on a long motorway run). So I assume the petrol V6 would be a fair bit worse ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom