Petty theft in Herts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roger Jones

During the past fortnight, my car and a friend's MB have been stripped of their dustcaps: larger hexagonal ones that are easier to handle. Yesterday, a black laurel-leaf centre cap was prised off my car. It looks like these incidents happened in Whitwell during daytime, the other possibility being Waitrose car-park in Hitchin. I guess that these items are back in fashion again among the BMXers, so watch out anyone around Hitchin. Petty it may be, but theft it is, and it makes me spit. Is it part of a wider temporary trend or does this foul behaviour never go away?

Its alas part and parcel of the yoof of today, perhaps hooking a bonnet star to the battery would have a good effect

Its alas part and parcel of the yoof of today, perhaps hooking a bonnet star to the battery would have a good effect

Is that so it becomes a little warmer so they don't freeze their little, misunderstood, its-the-parents-fault, hands as they perform the theft?

Better to paint it with indelible purple ink for subsequent ID puposes.

I live in an area where we normally don't get any kind of hassle etc, but I had 2 sets of metal valve caps nicked within a few weeks of getting my car. Car is parked on open drive at front of house.
I gave up and fitted black plastic caps.

Would love to use metal valve caps. But after I replaced the ones on my old company Laguna, which promptly reacted with the valve and seized solid, resulting in all 4 being ground off and rather expensive pressure sensing valves being replaced I decided that black plastic/rubber does the job very well.

My metal ones went walkies the other day.

Luckily housemate works at Halfords so black rubber valve caps are the way forward.

had a few go missing, keep a bag full of spares now

Typical yobs, it's not the costs as they buy enough alcopops to pay for about 200 sets, they are just thieving little runts who need their hands chopped off!!!!!!

We had 2 of the aerials from our cars taken in the summer!

I pursued this theft through the local comunity police, encouraged by the local postmistress, and the result was that the culprits were identified and they admitted the theft; they have been given a formal reprimand. They were up to no good in other respects too. So, some justice done, but still no sign of the caps.

cheesed off with the local police attitude feel like why are you bothering us, don't like it when you insist on a crime number as it messes up there statistics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom