Peugeot cuts 8,000 jobs to end losses, shuts plant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Too many bad cars since the end of the 406/206 production. Bad decisions with HDI engines and dpf systems that require refill of additive etc means they have lost buyer confidence.

I've had many Peugeots in recent years but would not touch the current generation of cars.

Sad news about the jobs of course, but ive never understood the appeal of Peugeots since the late 80s.

Everything about them is awful IMO

So much for Sarkosy's and Hollande's efforts to 'protect' French jobs ...

I don't like to see anyone lose their jobs, but having seen the Humber Road plant turned into housing, anf the Ryton plant razed to the ground, that is where my tears are shed.

The 208 looks quite nice until you get to the front, Ye gods what were they thinking with that stupid chrome mouth :eek:

Shame isn't it, back in the day the 205 and 405 were best in class, and not much competition in each sector, now look, there are dozens of super minis to chose from, and no one buys segment d cars any longer.

And with a large proportion of their sales coming from southern Europe, it was never going to be pretty for them in current circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom