PGA Championship - Where's MB Advertising?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
Unlike myself, my wife will happily spend all day watching golf on the television. Today, Sky is broadcasting 8 hours-worth of the PGA Championship from Georgia - and my wife is more than happy.

On today's broadcast, I was intrigued to witness the golf course's car park bursting with pristine silver Mercedes 'R350 4Matic's' - which were being used to ferry all the competitors to the course.

Now, as a card-carrying member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, I am surprised, given several days of live broadcasting by Sky on this event, that Mercedes UK do not have a presence on Sky - given the obvious product promotion by Mercedes USA.

There's plenty of advertisements for everything else under the Sun - including Honda - but not one advertisement for Mercedes (even on yesterday's broadcast).

Interesting observation.

I wonder what mercedes policy for TV advertising is?
I'm not involved in marketing at all, but I assume that Mercedes UK and Mercedes USA would be completely separate. Possibly Mercedes UK would not have known about the product placement, before it was too late to do anyhting?

As you (and I suspect many others, myself included) noticed the Official Cars were Mercedes Benz, I suspect MB may take the view 'job done', without the need for additional advertising spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom