PH Sunday Service @ Silverstone on 17 Feb 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rashman said:
Plenty of people drop out in the time running up to it.

You'll probably be around 550th on the day.

If you're not on the list don't worry. Even at the gates they allow you to park on the sides.

Hopefully it won't be pissin it down with rain that morning - wanted to bring the Blue Edition out in the morning but haven't had a chance to get it serviced, taxed and mot'd so maybe for the next gtg.

If you're not on the list don't worry. Even at the gates they allow you to park on the sides.

Hopefully it won't be pissin it down with rain that morning - wanted to bring the Blue Edition out in the morning but haven't had a chance to get it serviced, taxed and mot'd so maybe for the next gtg.

Hey Kash :thumb:

I'm on the list, but for me, it's just whether or not the weather decides to behave or not.

It may be dry, but cold snaps can appear out of nowhere at this time of year which will make the local authorities dance around like feckin leprechauns with their bloody salt in hand :doh: :mad:

Just have to see how it is when the time comes.

Really need to get the car out soon though.. It's been in the garage for 4 weeks now :(

With the weather still cold, wet and icy (on the side roads in Wycombe) i will be coming down to Silverstone in the Silver SL. Any of you chaps meeting before hand en route to the meet.
If so and are passing by the M40 let me know... Convoy...?

Kash

With the weather still cold, wet and icy (on the side roads in Wycombe) i will be coming down to Silverstone in the Silver SL. Any of you chaps meeting before hand en route to the meet.
If so and are passing by the M40 let me know... Convoy...?

Kash

Hey Kash :thumb:

If I go, I'll be heading up round the m25 anti-clockwise and then up the m1.

Really don't know how the roads are going to be.. they're still throwing poxy salt around down his way :(

salt...

Rash, it was raining when i got in this evening an it will be tmrw. Hoping this will wash away the crap on the roads before the weekend.
Sat and Sun looks dry with the sun out so i guess will see how it goes.

K

Rash, it was raining when i got in this evening an it will be tmrw. Hoping this will wash away the crap on the roads before the weekend.
Sat and Sun looks dry with the sun out so i guess will see how it goes.

K

I hear you bud.
That's what I'm hoping for.

Depends on how much rainfall we get and how quickly the roads dry up.

Might need a weather report from you up your way nearer the time :crazy: :D

:thumb:

I hear you bud.
That's what I'm hoping for.

Depends on how much rainfall we get and how quickly the roads dry up.

Might need a weather report from you up your way nearer the time :crazy: :D

Will do - watch this space on Sat...

K

Will do - watch this space on Sat...

K

Will do :thumb:

Another thing I was thinking about..

Do you know where they will be parking us at the meet?

Will we have to drive through the tunnel under-pass to get to the parking area?

That thing fills with water when it rains :crazy: :doh:

If that is the case, i'll make sure i tow behind your car, so not to make mine too dirty from the splash back!

;-)

Would be good to meet up with other Forum members. Do the various marques get to park together?

B_T_S

Hi Brian :thumb:

From previous experience, There is no parking organising in that sense.

People turn up and are guided to the parking areas by the marshals.

So you end up with all cars mixed together.

The other option would be to meet/ group together before arriving at the gate - that way you can park together.

Sounds like a plan. Any suggestion or petrol station beforehand? Gates open at 9 so perhaps 8:30/8:45 at the latest.

Weather is gonna be dry so this should keep Rash happy!

Sounds like a plan. Any suggestion or petrol station beforehand? Gates open at 9 so perhaps 8:30/8:45 at the latest.

Weather is gonna be dry so this should keep Rash happy!

Brian lives just round the corner from the circuit so if we're to meet up beforehand, I guess I'll have to be somewhere close to the venue.

Weather does look like its going to be dry but its also going to be cold in the evenings- which may mean they'll continue gritting :doh:

I'll have to run recon in the Alfa late on Saturday night to see if they have gritted before I decide if I'm going to be able to attend.

I'm hoping to join in because they reckon it's going to get cold again next week :(

It appears they still feel the need to throw salt & grit over the roads (as they did last night and I'm sure tonight) :mad: so I don't think I'll be making it on Sunday guys:(

I'm hoping the weather/ conditions will be better for next weekend as I am aiming to attend the Beaulieu meet next Sunday. But at the moment, they are saying it's set to get cold again next week with more possible snow, so I'm not holding my breath.

All clear this end though there is some grit on the sides of the road a quick recon this morning gave the all clear this side of town.
Rash man, you will have to let us know next time you're in the area. I will see the rest of you chaps tmrw morning!!!

Kash

Sorry guys I have had to pull out, maybe next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom