Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^They say they will put your plate on retention in that email.

To make life easy for me, I did ask that they put it on VW insurance for 14 days or so and they get the road tax sorted by paying for it and sending a monkey to the DVLA.

That would save me paying more "admin" fee to the insurance company for a car I will only have for a week or so and I would have thought it would be the least they could do to help me with the RFT. I told them they could have the refund when I had sold the car again.

Reasonable?

I would be asking for compensation for time wasted... but then again, being a consultant I can put a very precise figure on my time... and can prove it in a court without any issues...

Just to spite them mate... Go out and get yourself a lovely Mercedes :)

My dear long-suffering readers,

Allow me to post the last email I have had from VW Customer Services this afternoon (along with 2 phone calls)

When this is sorted I will definately be finding out who Briony's manager is and singing her praises

Thank you for the email with the attachments.

Like discussed earlier, I am hoping to find a friendly dealer, who is willing to help unlike the one in question at the moment. I understand we need to get this sorted as soon as possible so we can move forward.

Like I explained, I am in touch with the Chesterfield retailer at the moment who is more than happy to help. The vehicle is, however, showing on the used car locater for £16,985. I am hoping we will be able to bring this price down, but maybe not by £3,985 to get it the same price as the one you currently have. Would you be willing to put something towards the cost? I understand the amount of strain you have gone through with this and the frustration.

I have emailed my team leader with the information of the case, to escalate this to the area manager, and still awaiting a response. We will be chasing that up tomorrow afternoon if no reply.

Thank you again for your patience and lets get this sorted together.

There are a number of cars in the VW AUC network I would be happy with and she is proposing the new dealer collects my CL from the garage, returns my unwanted car and drops my new one off all in one fall swoop.

Sounds an ambitious plan. Just hinges, as ever, on a suitable supply of Pound Notes!

If this car suits you, offer to meet them halfway.

As above

If your happy with the other car (why is it more) Newer? less miles, more spec?

Offer half for the hassle and a longer warranty = hopefully job done :)

A210 - Newer car with better spec and very low miles.

^ so its worth meeting half way assuming your happy with colour / trim?

Sounds like your getting somewhere

Why won't they give you the cash back to the value of your car plus cost of putting plate on retention. You can suspend insurance until a new car is bought. Tax can be refunded. Simples.

I have had cash back to the value of my part exchange from an MB dealer in the past, but only because they had sold my p/ex since the original deal was done.
I was under the impression that they would not have done this if they still had my car in stock

They were also keen to point out that they "should" charge me for the mileage I had added to their car during my short ownership.

I was out of pocket & would have liked compensation for the running around I did/time wasted, but felt that money back was the best option - any compensation claim I could have made through the courts could have been countered with their mileage claim.

As an aside, this was related to the vehicle not being covered by Mobilo Life as they had claimed it was at time of purchase - this good forum advised to the contrary and I was able to educate the main dealer.
They winged that they would lose on the deal as, when returned to them, they would have to sell the vehicle onto a trader.
Turned out to be lies - it was back on their forecourt the next day at a higher price than it was when they sold to me!

Palfrem - good that VW uk are trying to help in this way - don't think many importers would go as far as they seem to be going.

Sounds good. As I suggested in my earlier posts, what a difference some professional service can make...even if 'like' it's filled 'like' with 'likes' :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom