Pheasant vs W212 E Class Daytime Running Lights - FIGHT!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FunkyGeek

Car
E350
Driving near Oxford yesterday and I hit a pheasant. It jumped out of the bush and just stood in front of the car. I was doing about 50mph. There wasn't time to brake and avoid it. I don't think I killed it outright. When I looked in the rearview mirror it was flapping like crazy. I don't think it lived much longer though :(

When I stopped I checked the front bumper and the DRL has been pushed in on the car. Pics show what happened to me and the damage it caused.

This is what happened

pheasant.jpg

This is the damage
DRL1.jpg

Luckily, the lights still work.

DRL2.jpg

QUESTION: I can see that the DRL is a separate assembly to the front bumper (sigh of relief...). I'll have to replace it, but I don't know how to remove the DRL assembly from the front bumper. I've searched the forums and the internet and I can't find any info on how to remove/replace them.

Can anyone help with info or diagrams or anything?

I don't want to cause any unnecessary damage trying to get it off..

Took the car to Mercedes Benz, Park Royal today to have a look.

Parts = £140 +vat
Labour = £110 +vat

Near enough £300

They took a look at it and saw that the LED bank of lights were still working. One of the technicians went under the car and pushed it back onto it's clips. One clip was a bit bent. He bent it back into shape, pushed the LED onto the clips and that was that.

They didn't charge me anything!

Big SHOUT OUT and many many thanks to Mercedes Benz, Park Royal, London.
:bannana::bannana::bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom