Phew is it to hot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nah its good, dont mind driving the car, gets dirty when is rains, Although all this pollen is a nightmare lol

I’ve caved in tonight and gone into the loft to retrieve the big fan, sooo much cooler now [emoji301]️[emoji300]️[emoji509]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,
46 degrees during the day in Abu Dhabi at the moment.
But - everything is air conditioned - so unless you are working outside then the heat is bearable.
Dreading our trip back to the UK in a few weeks - staying at our relatives house that will be really hot inside!
Cheers
Steve

Dreading our trip back to the UK in a few weeks

Don’t worry Steve by then we will be back to the usual rain and 12c temperature.

I can see privatisation of the water network coming out of this....

Not a fan of heat. 20 is hot enough for me. Outside doing any sort of activity I'm dripping. Fine on holiday but not when I have to actually do stuff.

A blessing this year is the breeze though, it does at least keep the nights a little cooler.

Still, only 6 months til Christmas!

I hate it. So glad it's Monday and I'm back at work in air conditioning! 20°C is about my limit as well, I usually keep the car set on 18, and the heating in the house is usually on 17 throughout the year. Car at the moment is set on "Lo" pointed at the footwells with the ventilated seats on - seems to work quite well.

It's a hot few weeks, but they happen. Garden is lovely and shady, I deliberately planted it with drought in mind as I'm on a meter and we rely totally on ground water here. As the sun comes up all the blinds and curtains are drawn to keep the heat out and as it cools in the evening about 9pm, everything is opened up to draw the heat out which sets up a nice cooling breeze. The lawn takes care of itself and saves me wasting energy on cutting it.

I was laying paving and mixing cement this weekend and it was far too hot.

I had factor 50 on and i'm still burnt on my shoulders lol probably came off due to sweating so much i did reapply a couple of times but gave up in the end.

If anyone was in Selco (hayes) the weekend i was the Red tomatoe dragging a trolley of sand and paving slabs looking all moody and miserable. :rolleyes::oops:

Our grass is fine in this heat.

It's artificial.:)

You can also see our dog in one of her two positions in this weather. She's either collapsed in the sun or collapsed in the kitchen, alternately cooling and heating.

Attachments

• hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 32
Our grass is fine in this heat.

It's artificial.:)

You can also see our dog in one of her two positions in this weather. She's either collapsed in the sun or collapsed in the kitchen, alternately cooling and heating.
My beagle does the same, weird aren't they?

We have a small pool just out of shot of the pic and she dives straight in after a walk and swims round in circles gulping water down like a whale shark.

Just to show my age, in the summer of '76 the lawn died, but later returned in it's own time, tough stuff.

I remember 76, I was 6. Amazing year, hottest summer on record and one of the coldest winters too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom