Phew is it to hot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I work for a water company and it’s a nightmare atm. Demand up over 50% and no immediate end in sight. Everything is running flat out just to keep up.

1. Why is demand up over 50%. In our house we are useing no more water than normal.
2. How many litres do you lose through leaks?

1. Why is demand up over 50% in our house we use no more water than normal.

Completely agree with the first point!!

Just seen your in Wales. Scratch all that the problem we have is there’s plenty of water there not elsewhere!

Hahahah well I’m in the Midlands sometimes too, but if there are any problems then off the Wales then :)

Right by the beach too, I love it there.

@DrFeelgood :D

1. Why is demand up over 50%. In our house we are useing no more water than normal.

Hosepipes and paddling pools mainly. Modern pools are considerably bigger nowadays. People also wash more in the hot weather for obvious reasons. On your second point yes leakage is an issue but most water is pumped from underground. The pipes are underground so guess where the leaks go.

Hosepipes and paddling pools mainly. Modern pools are considerably bigger nowadays. People also wash more in the hot weather for obvious reasons. On your second point yes leakage is an issue but most water is pumped from underground. The pipes are underground so guess where the leaks go.

Yeah so then I suppose hosepipe bans would make sense... as much as I’d hate that to happen.

Give Darrell a call about the leaks, he’ll have em fixed up in no time :D

If you’re blaming a few piss pot paddling pools for a nationwide water shortage then I personally think something is wrong with your system.

How shallow of you to make such a remark.

Awful? Good on them I say. They have the right to wear what they like just like the size zero stick insects.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Yeah so then I suppose hosepipe bans would make sense... as much as I’d hate that to happen.
I haven’t watered anything in our garden in the 3 summers we’ve been living back here.

I haven’t watered anything in our garden in the 3 summers we’ve been living back here.

Same. Only thing I use a hosepipe for is to wash the cars.

Same. Only thing I use a hosepipe for is to wash the cars.
I think the water companies are using a couple of paddling pools and a couple of old biddies hosing down their Micras to cover up their flawed systems.

Watering gardens, filling paddling pools, super soakers......

I think the water companies are using a couple of paddling pools and a couple of old biddies hosing down their Micras to cover up their flawed systems.

I just came inside from the garden at 10:15pm. Loving it!

If you’re blaming a few piss pot paddling pools for a nationwide water shortage then I personally think something is wrong with your system.

There is not a nationwide shortage yet. I have not said that. Your entitled to your views. I e tried to explain things from a water company perspective. We have a company HubUb who help us with consumer habits. 1 in 4 families are planning on using a paddling pool this weekend. You may think they are “piss pot”. Have a look at the volume of them and then add it up. I have chosen to post to add to the debate. I can stop now if it is not appreciated.

Edit

There is not a nationwide shortage yet. I have not said that. Your entitled to your views. I e tried to explain things from a water company perspective. We have a company HubUb who help us with consumer habits. 1 in 4 families are planning on using a paddling pool this weekend. You may think they are “piss pot”. Have a look at the volume of them and then add it up. I have chosen to post to add to the debate. I can stop now if it is not appreciated.

I really appreciate your views, very interesting :)

So now I understand why hosepipe bans may be coming into effect. Didn’t realise just how much extra water is used for these paddling pools etc.

I really appreciate your views, very interesting :)

So now I understand why hosepipe bans may be coming into effect. Didn’t realise just how much extra water is used for these paddling pools etc.
Water companies will only impose a Temporary Use Ban (otherwise known as hospipe ban) as a last resort. The reasons being there are generally two reactions.

1. I pay my bills so I will use what I want how dare you
2. People shop their neighbours and we get inundated with reports of people and then demands why we haven’t done something.

Both create massive bad feeling.

Here in Northampton, there was a news report yesterday that our reservoirs are currently at 90%, that would be Pitsford, the Grafham, and no hosepipe ban is envisaged yet.
On a separate note, I have just read of the heatwave in Canada where there have now been many deaths. Particularly those that are old and infirm.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom