Phew is it to hot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope everyone’s happy now. It’s miserable today.. :(

Gotta be honest, I wished for cooler weather, but now absolutely tipping down here in stevenage, that bit I did not wish for. Hey Ho as they say.

When I moved to Sudan It took me about 3-4 months to acclimatise to daily temps of 40c +. But once I had, I felt chilly when it fell below 35 and was wearing a hastily arranged (thanks mum) duffle coat when it dropped lower than that. So when you see East Africans shivering over here in our summer, it's not an act. Although they'd prob felt right at home these past weeks.

I have been back up in Scotland for 2 weeks now. I left 27 degrees and came up here to 20 ish degrees. It has been so much more temperate here, pleasant sun with a small sea breeze. Today the breeze was quite chilly at 7.00 am when I was down at the sea front walking the dog, so needed a light jacket. Most days there is a chap who walks out to the sea and goes for a swim, what a hero, this here is the North Sea, not The Great Barrier Reef. Anyway, today he was accompanied by two friends, I watched them enter the sea, as did other dog walkers, there was shouting and screaming noises and 2 persons exited the sea a lot faster than they went in, and made their way back to their clothes. I bet they will not be there tomorrow. The rest of the day was then quite pleasant, sunny with a breeze and no rain. I was listening to the radio this morning, and a caller phoned in from Northampton and said that it was just 17 degrees there !. Somewhat lower than what it has been.

Steve

I have been back up in Scotland for 2 weeks now. I left 27 degrees and came up here to 20 ish degrees. It has been so much more temperate here, pleasant sun with a small sea breeze. Today the breeze was quite chilly at 7.00 am when I was down at the sea front walking the dog, so needed a light jacket. Most days there is a chap who walks out to the sea and goes for a swim, what a hero, this here is the North Sea, not The Great Barrier Reef. Anyway, today he was accompanied by two friends, I watched them enter the sea, as did other dog walkers, there was shouting and screaming noises and 2 persons exited the sea a lot faster than they went in, and made their way back to their clothes. I bet they will not be there tomorrow. The rest of the day was then quite pleasant, sunny with a breeze and no rain. I was listening to the radio this morning, and a caller phoned in from Northampton and said that it was just 17 degrees there !. Somewhat lower than what it has been.

Steve

Steve, it has been 15C ish, bloody cold compared to yesterday :D

Hope you are well pal.

Abs

I work for a water company and it’s a nightmare atm. Demand up over 50% and no immediate end in sight. Everything is running flat out just to keep up.

People work flat out in water companies!?! :p

just realised my post was worded super badly.

we use very little water, washing the cars once a week is the only time I use a hose pipe. :)

I save water too, I always have a pee in the shower

If you’re blaming a few piss pot paddling pools for a nationwide water shortage then I personally think something is wrong with your system.

Paddling pools, hosepipes, watering gardens, farmers who’s bore holes are drying up switching to mains water (hydrating livestock and arable crops uses A LOT of water, big users (breweries etc.) who have hit their extraction licence limits switching to mains water, holiday parks see massive increase in demand, golf courses/football/cricket//tennis/recreation grounds etc keeping fairways, greens and pitches and the like nice and luscious. It goes on and on.
When the infrastructure was created by the Victorians, there simply wasn’t the demand/population there is today.
Then there’s the leaks already mentioned.
Still, as @c63chris says, we aren’t short yet, use as much as you need (without wasting of course!) and keep those tills ringing for the water companies so they can afford to fix the leaks on the aging network. And keep the ceo and stakeholders pockets full of course!

Haven't you got a Gin tree...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom