Phew! - Made it thrugh the 72K rip-off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smiff

Car
C200
I gotta say - my Local dealer has just been a real pleasure to deal with for a change. Was dealt with by a guy called Craig Wilson at Rycroft mercedes on the service desk and it was a real delight to talk to someone who obviously knew about the cars he was dealing with in the service. I ended up paying £320 ( Aargh! ), but that included a gearbox oil change ( oil/filter/labour ). There was a reduction as I supplied the oil (fullly synth ) , and as I have just relined all the brakes there was not much to do down there. The only thing they could find wrong was a sticky aerial ( now sorted ). The 'box feels much more positive now, with quicker gearchanges and much faster kick/change downs. I recommend anyone with a box above 50K miles gets the oil changed !

Better than the 750+ Vat that Lancasters quoted mefor the same 72k service on my SL !

Mark

Originally posted by Wheelie
A man of your wealth Mark...sheer pocket money!!!

You really dont know how far off the mark you are mate :(

I need to sell a couple of my other cars !!!

Mark

Eeek

How Much? - I got this DB1 deal at Rycroft - 20% of labour and 15% off parts if your car is over 4 years old. so part of the reason it's not really really expensive ( just expensive ) was that I'm too skint to buy a new one.

Originally posted by Aletank
What was the dealers attitude/reaction when you asked for the gear box oil to be changed ?

Good question and how much was it for the gearbox oil change?

Costs.

The reaction of that Wilson chap was very positive - he first checked that he had filters for the sealed type of box ( So why keep them in stock me asks? ) He agreed that a change of oil was preferable to a new electronic valve block, which even with discount will not give you much change from a grand, plus fitting.

then he charged me....

Labour - Service B C200 5 speed auto including dust replacement and auto transmission fluid change = £246.56

Sundries and Consumables (?) = £2.75
Car Protection (Seat cover?) = £0.34
Gearbox Filter Element = £5.12
Dust Filter = £10.42
Plugs = £5.86
Wiper Rubber £=4.18
Filter = £3.58
Gbox Oil = £23.01
Bulb = 1.92
Sundries/Disposal (?) = £8:00

Total of £311.75 plus the dreaded = £366.31 !

Gearbox was around £100 of the total cost of the service.

Like I said - first visit to any dealership when I've come away feeling like I've dealt with someone professional ! - And I used to work in the trade so I know just how bad dealerships can be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom