Philips Diamond Version 5000k Bulbs White Hid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Are these any good?

Any one have them. I've decided after Xenons my lights are :eek: so anything must be better than the originals?

Any others any good?

thanks

Didn't see much text with that dancing girl playing the wii? on the left.....

:)

Being illegal they must be pretty good. thats going on the logic that if its good then we arent allowed it :)

I didn't know they were illegal...oops

will they fail an MOT? how does the tester know? surely they don't take the bulbs out to check.

I'm completly legal now with my correct number plates so fitting these willl make me bad again... :) :)

I didn't know they were illegal...oops

will they fail an MOT? how does the tester know? surely they don't take the bulbs out to check.

I'm completly legal now with my correct number plates so fitting these willl make me bad again... :) :)

Phillips SilverVision or eXtreeme are not illegal. I have them on my car and it passed the MOT. Also had them on My CLK and that was fine too.

It will say whether it is legal on the packet. Some are for "off road use" only - usually on eBay.

Guf from a website:

Philips Silver Vision PY21W
THESE BULBS ARE SOLD IN A PACK OF TWO.

Fully interchangable with standard PY21W bulb.
Complies with ECE regulations and is fully road legal.
Base: BAU15,s
The latest trend among car designers is to have clear covers over the indicator lights. The new SilverVision will round off the front design of your car: the cool and stylish look which car designers desire to produce with all-silvered headlamp module is taken to perfection by replacing the amber coloured indicator bulb with the new Philips SilverVision.
Offset pin

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h...r-16781.html?gclid=CIPKpdruyZcCFYwH3god8nE5Sg

Can you see the difference?

The light is not as blue as some other brands, so the initial difference was harder to see. But I was very much aware of how well lit up the reflective road signs were with the new bulbs.

Silver.

Are they better than the orginal though?

Thanks for links etc

Hi

Yes they are better, i cant tell a huge difference, but I fitted them just before the dark nights so didnt experience the old bulbs for very long beforehand. Not sure if they are 80% better as thats a big difference, but worth it IMO. They are one of the best apparently.

I have the Phillips eXtreme H4 bulbs in my W124.

I had Phillips SilverVision (i think) in my CLK.

Are these any good?

Any one have them. I've decided after Xenons my lights are :eek: so anything must be better than the originals?

Any others any good?

thanks

These are not HID lights, they have a colour temperature that makes them look a little like HID lights.

Don't know if they have a higher light output than std bulbs. May well be a fashion item.

Wrt to the x-treme bulbs, fitted them to a previous car and was impressed. A definite improvement over std bulbs, and they are legal so they shouldn't dazzle other motorists.

I got a set of Osram Nightbreakers for mine. The light is definitely more white but I'm not sure that there is significantly more light. Still, for the price of a couple of gallons of petrol, I can't complain.

What would be really nice would be to have various members post 3 pics each (1 of the car head on, high beams; 1 of the low-beam-bream pattern on the road and 1 with the high-beam-beam pattern) along with what bulbs they have fitted...

I'll start as soon as I find my camera and get home... That way we can "see" what the actual light looks like for each bulb...

M.

I've fitted Phillips blue vision bulbs and I love them. the light is very white and makes the side lights look yellow.

lights.jpg

This should do ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom