Phillip Schofield...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a centuries-old tradition.

Before we had fancy tech, twas the only way to create and bring up children.

At least he's not a Scottish politician so we don't have to be that sorry for his wife.

His wife 1 night asked if he fancied anal. They both rolled over in bed.

Quite sad for his wife and children i would say.
I'd say that it doesn't stop there. Many people in Philip's life will have been affected by this, and maybe not just now following his announcement. Those close to him may have known or suspected for a long time. To be honest (or simply boring), I'm not seeing much to smile about on this. Nothing new or unusual about a celebrity coming out as being gay.

He is a prominent public figure and he was right to present the news himself which has given him a degree of control over how it is reported.

None of us know how this has truly affected him or his family but if, as stated, he still has the love and support of his wife, daughters and friends then he is in a very fortunate position and I hope between them all that they find a resolution that, with time and continuing support, lets them all move forward to find happiness and contentment.

I find this a very strange thread indeed. Was it created to ridicule the subject? Or am I missing the point?

either way I find it shallow. :fail:

Last edited by a moderator:
I
I find this a very strange thread indeed. Was it created to ridicule the subject? Or am I missing the point.

either way I find it shallow. :fail:

I think you are possibly over reacting and looking for something to be offended by ?

This is forum with a specific area for discussing items that are of interest to some of those members.

I

I think you are possibly over reacting and looking for something to be offended by ?

This is forum with a specific area for discussing items that are of interest to some of those members.

Ok. Read posts 1-3 again David.

Ok. Read posts 1-3 again David.

Ant

I read all the posts, as ever there are mixed views, that is freedom of speech. There are always idiots and low lives on here who try and fail to be amusing, that is just life.

How we choose to interpret them and the meanings behind is very much a personal matter surely ?

There is nothing worse than living a lie and I'm very happy for him to finally be free of this burden. He seems a nice fellow and I sincerely hope that he experiences life in a more whole and complete way. It takes a huge amount of courage to do what he did and I'll take my hat off to him.

That said, the BBC covered the darn story the whole bl00dy day...

I suddenly feel the need to get something off my chest... here goes, dont know how I'll look by saying this but I enjoyed driving my old e46 m3 more than I do my w211 e63 and even worse, I enjoyed pushing it through corners more than I did my c63. Hope you'll all forgive me. It has been 31 days since I sold the BMW and I couldn't not get this off my chest ...

Schofield was very brave to do something which was clearly a massive deal for him.

It's a very personal journey to him and no one else's business really.

I wish him well for the future and hope he finds a path which is the least painful for all close to him.

I suddenly feel the need to get something off my chest... here goes, dont know how I'll look by saying this but I enjoyed driving my old e46 m3 more than I do my w211 e63 and even worse, I enjoyed pushing it through corners more than I did my c63. Hope you'll all forgive me. It has been 31 days since I sold the BMW and I couldn't not get this off my chest ...

I had something similar in terms of regret albeit for totally different reasons.

I sold my E55K which I absolutely adored but I had reached a point where I had to get shot for a number of reasons (couldn't trust myself to keep from speeding, car had a few annoying quirks which I could live with but gradually pissed me off more over the years, AirMATIC bills looming at some stage, car stank as no CATs, old tech was annoying, general wearing out of items as it got older meant more trips to the inde which was a faff etc.).

I moved to a 63 plate CL500BE but by far the biggest change was refinement i.e. the CL was way too refined and it took a LOOOOOONG time to get used to it.

It was a fabulous car. I wanted to do a large pillarless MB coupe, and whilst I considered an SEC and nearly bought one for sale on here whilst I had the E55, I didn't really want an ageing car with all that that brings and so the CL was a nod to that.

I tried a 2014/64 E63 but I didn't enjoy driving it at all.

Now I am long past all that as I persisted and now I would never go back to another properly fast car and I have no regrets.

Only time will tell if the E46 will be consigned to the history books of your life or not...

Are you leaning towards buying it back or just regretting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom