Phone and audio help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SherriMB

Car
Mercedes C200 coupe 2007
Hi,

I recently bought a second hand 2007 C200 coupe but it didn't come with a manual so any help there would be great.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it falls into the W203 rather the W204.

I would like to be able to connect my phone, use SatNav and stream or load music that isn't on a CD, assuming that I'm going to need to upgrade the system I have but does anyone know what I should be upgrading to?

Thanks

Thank you both.
Yes I believe I have the W203 there are a couple of differences from that picture but that's probably down to the year. It doesn't resemble the other one.

I will take a picture of the audio when I get home this evening, I have no idea what type it is.

I actually saw that copy of the manual but dismissed it as I didn't see C200 on the list at the beginning. I did have a look through and see there were similarities but there were things I was looking for that I couldn't find in the car but were listed in the book like SATNAV.

You'll have to excuse me for being a novice but thanks for the advice.

Thank you both.

I actually saw that copy of the manual but dismissed it as I didn't see C200 on the list at the beginning. I did have a look through and see there were similarities but there were things I was looking for that I couldn't find in the car but were listed in the book like SATNAV.

You'll have to excuse me for being a novice but thanks for the advice.

I think that download just refers to all 2007 C classes, not specifically a C200.
But if it helps, alls good. One thing I wasn't keen on is the fact its for the US owners although UK are more or less the same apart from the obvious.

Some will have the elegance grille, and some the sport grille, but the headlights are pretty defining. The kind of figure eight style went with w203 and the squarer style came in (w204).

As for the manual, W203 is the important bit (or S203 which is the estate version, but largely same car), that's the C Class of that era. The number part (like C200) is irrelevant, that's just your particular engine spec.

I guess yours looks more like this given it's the Coupé?
Mercedes_C_220_CDI_Sportcoup%C3%A9_(CL203)_front_20100704.jpg

Anyway, get the piccies tonight. :)

That's Audio 20.

There's aftermarket units available which have sat nav, big colour screens, etc, or if you want upgraded but OEM stuff, contact https://www.commandonline.co.uk as they're the experts and will be able to do a proper professional upgrade for you.

Any ideas on what type of stereo this is?

Thanks

Hi Sherri

The stereo's on most later (standard MB's) are actually MB make stereo's.

In South Africa there is some models that use to come out with BEKKER made stereo's but MB and BEKKER over here no longer works together. Instead the HARMAN KARDON (whom i believe bought BEKKER:dk:) now builds the stereo's. Although most stereo's are MB modeled and branded HARMAM KARDON Still does joint development with the MB group on the stereo's used in standard models.

See the video also... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMXWpfKRrWU

Just a little useless info for you.. :D

Last edited:
Thank you.

And is a Mercedes stereo/made for Mercedes the only type of stereo I can use to integrate with my car and steering wheel. I'm just trying to understand my options for bringing my stereo up to date. My main thing is the ability to use my phone hands free and play music that isn't on a CD.

Hi Sherri,

In order to use a phone with your existing Audio 20 you need to have the pre-installed wiring and socket which is located in the top of the centre armrest if fitted. All Audio 20 have telephone buttons , but not all have the necessary wiring. (Cost cutting by MB).

As said http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=251...uk/forums/search.php?searchid=8531178&xtz=-60 are the experts and will be able to advise what options are available if you don't have the socket for a bluetooth adaptor in the top section of the armrest. Regards audio, some models have a socket in the glovebox to plug an iPod into, some don't, a lead can be installed to some models if not already fitted. These guys can advise. You will need to give them your VIN number in order for them to know what is possible regarding phone, audio and aftermarket upgrades.

A few shots of the bluetooth adaptor socket and necessary bluetooth adaptor.

With socket cover removed.

MB Bluetooth adaptor in situ. Viseeo also make one.

Last edited:
Thank you.

And is a Mercedes stereo/made for Mercedes the only type of stereo I can use to integrate with my car and steering wheel. I'm just trying to understand my options for bringing my stereo up to date. My main thing is the ability to use my phone hands free and play music that isn't on a CD.

I strongly advice that you stick to MB branded stereo's to be able to utilize all the standard settings and steering buttons on it. It is possible to do some mods to it but I'll not attempt that on my own nor recommend you do so.

If you do want something not backed by MB you must make sure its not going to void the warranty on the electronics of the car.

Always better to stick to the MB branded stuff.

Hi all I have a 2003 sept c220 saloon W203 the car has a single CD stereo and on the steering wheel is volume controls and telephone controls on right side
When I looked in centre console the were the cutouts for the Bluetooth dongle thingy but no wiring?
Anyway after a lot of research I found out I could get a pioneer mechless Bluetooth stereo fitted with the steering wheel working !
And so that's what I opted for the stereo and fitting kit for a W203 including facia and antenna adapter and wireing was £99.00
and the steering wheel wiring was £44.00
I also opted to get this professionally fitted and today the car went in and when I collected it everything worked including Bluetooth hands free! Talk about chuffed I'm over the moon
The stereo was purchased at incaremporium.com
And the stereo was fitted at tytherleigh vehicle electrics Chard Somerset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom