Phone and Rear DVD and operation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.KANE

Car
W164 M Class
Hi everyone,

I have a 57 plate ML320 cdi with COMAND system. It has the DVD option with the centre console mounted screen for the rear passengers. I dont know how to get it working, Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to operate it.

I put the dvd in and i can hear it working, but the screen doesn't come on. is this operated by the remote ? if so maybe the remote batteries are dead.

any help would be great thanks.

Also, when i press the TEL button, the system says insert telephone. Does this system require a wired in connection ? or is there a way to establish a blue tooth connection.

Thanks again, Marc

Hi everyone,

I have a 57 plate ML320 cdi with COMAND system. It has the DVD option with the centre console mounted screen for the rear passengers. I dont know how to get it working, Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to operate it.

I put the dvd in and i can hear it working, but the screen doesn't come on. is this operated by the remote ? if so maybe the remote batteries are dead.

any help would be great thanks.

Also, when i press the TEL button, the system says insert telephone. Does this system require a wired in connection ? or is there a way to establish a blue tooth connection.

Thanks again, Marc

If your car has phone prep, there will be a connector somewhere in the centre console/storage, onto which connects either a phone specific cradle, or a Bluetooth adaptor. The connector often has a black plastic cover clipped over it. The official Merc Bluetooth adaptors are pretty expensive, there are aftermarket alternatives (still pricey, but at least not eye-watering :) )

All your options are here -> https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Bluetooth/

/Sorry can't help with the DVD player/screen. If your car doesn't have phone prep, Comand Online (link above) should be able to point you to other options

hope this helps....

ahh that's what that black cover is in the centre console top compartment.
Thanks for the Link and the advice, I'll take a look now.

Blue tooth connectivity is a must have.

regards, Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom