'Phone book re-loads each time the'Phone connects.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Having successfully set up my Galaxy S6 with the NTG1 yesterday the 'phone book downloaded as expected (ignoring the duplicates which is another matter entirely!) but today, as I switch on the phone's bluetooth, it began to download the 'phonebook again.

Nothing had changed, the 'phone book had not been edited so any ideas as to why this would happen?

I have exactly the same with my NTG1 and a Samsung Galaxy J5.
I think its intended behaviour and the phonebook downloads each time a phone connects as of course it may be "Senior Managements" phone and not mine. I believe you can store downloaded numbers in the NTG1 but then you get even more duplicates...

Duplicates are a problem for me too. Generally I found this to be a an issue with phonebook treating linked phone contacts, Whatsapp contacts and Skype contacts as being separate even though they have the same number. My kludge fix is to unlink the contacts on my phone. Works for me as I only keep them on the phone and nothing stored with google. Lord only knows what happens if google is linking stuff under your feet.

BTW I am using a Dension BT500 Gateway to connet the phone to my NTG1. Works ok with a few oddities such as sometimes the first outgoing call disconnects the phone for about 10 seconds if the call is answered. Subsequent calls are ok. If the first outgoing call insn't answered subsequent calls are ok.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom