Phone buttons/ipod Help for Newbie

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Darlo, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Darlo

Darlo New Member

Car:
    Possible C180k
    Hi guys,

Picked up a 2004 C180k Coupe a couple of days ago, its the facelift version.

I am wondering if anyone can offer advice on phone/bluetooth kits as my OCD is going mad having phone buttons on the steering wheel and stereo with no use what so ever!

What is the best value/cheapest kit you could recommend that uses the steering wheel controls. I would want it to mute radio etc when calls are made. If you could recommend a kit that includes ipod intergration as well that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Darlo

2. davidjpowell

davidjpowell Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    I think 2004 is on the border for facelift. You can tell by the instruments. If you have the 'circular' speedo this kit does the job..
    Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: Fiscon Pro Bluetooth Phone Kit for Mercedes Benz (MOST based cars)

If pre-facelift I think this might
    Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: Phone retrofit kit for D2B based cars

Both relatively expensive, which is why I have not done it on what is our second car... (ComandOnline aren't expensive, just the bits to fit Mercs...)

3. npuk

npuk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
    Been covered on here plenty of times, try using the search.

You need phone pre-wire. See: Choosing Bluetooth Cradle for European Mercedes Vehicles

If you dont have phone pre-wire it can be retrofitted but it isnt cheap. The official retrofit will still require a cradle. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Phone-retrofit-kit-MOST-based-cars.html

Or there is an aftermarket option the Fiscon Pro kit which works out cheaper and works exactly the same as MB phone pre-wire but wont require a cradle. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Fiscon-Pro-Mercedes.html or the mCar: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: mCar Phone & Digital iPod interface for Mercedes NTG1/NTG2 vehicles

Or upgrade to the MY09> Audio 20 or Comand unit which has full bluetooth built in so no cradle needed.

4. OP
    OP
    Darlo

Darlo New Member

Car:
    Possible C180k
    WOW! This isnt cheap is it.

Im sure mine is the facelift, double din stereo and round dails

Thanks for your advice