Phone holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jabrielraja

Car
C class
I've recently bought a w166 and have an iphone 6+.

Looking at the dashboard, I can't find a place to mount the phone. I know in a lot of cars people mount it towards the right of the steering wheel but I don't like it there. I also don't like it on the windscreen.

I can't see where else to mount the phone. Any suggestions? Also interested in which mount/device you recommend.

Thanks in advance.

I appreciate that it's not very helpful, but I leave mine in my pocket and the bluetooth talk to COMAND.

Could you mount it over/on the centre console? - I don't mean as far back as between the seats; somewhere closer to the other controls, but not as high as the dashboard.

I've recently bought a w166 and have an iphone 6+.

Looking at the dashboard, I can't find a place to mount the phone. I know in a lot of cars people mount it towards the right of the steering wheel but I don't like it there. I also don't like it on the windscreen.

I can't see where else to mount the phone. Any suggestions? Also interested in which mount/device you recommend.

Thanks in advance.
Just to remind you. if you touch your phone (for any reason) while driving you are breaking the law. I know, I know. what a load of carp. But its true.

Does your car have a dashmounted CD slot? If so, there are some great holders designed to fit in the slot. I have just bought a magnetic one which is okay, but I preferred my spring loaded previous one. Sadly it was too narrow to take my 7+

Just to remind you. if you touch your phone (for any reason) while driving you are breaking the law. I know, I know. what a load of carp. But its true.
I use Waze on my phone so need it visible. Fully intend not to use/handle the phone whilst the engine is running.

Does your car have a dashmounted CD slot? If so, there are some great holders designed to fit in the slot. I have just bought a magnetic one which is okay, but I preferred my spring loaded previous one. Sadly it was too narrow to take my 7+
Yes, I've got a CD player in the dash. Will search for some of these later. Do you know which brand/model you used to have? I do use the cd player though so would that mean the device has to be removed before changing a CD?

I appreciate that it's not very helpful, but I leave mine in my pocket and the bluetooth talk to COMAND.

Could you mount it over/on the centre console? - I don't mean as far back as between the seats; somewhere closer to the other controls, but not as high as the dashboard.
I suppose although when using the sat nav on the phone, imo, the further down you look the more dangerous it can be.

Keep it in your pocket

But if you must have it out, look at thr Brodit Proclip system,

I pointed out that touching a mobile phone when driving is an offence, but how does that differ from touching the screen of a windshield mounted sat nav unit that is paired to your phone via Bluetooth , and is the by definition an extension of your phone !!??

My guess is that this part of the law is an ass. I know driving without due care and attention could be used if you had an accident while staring at your sat nav but touching it while driving is not illegal...is it ? o_O

Are you certain of this, Pete? I went on a driver awareness course a couple of years ago and they said touching the phone is not an offense if it is a simple tap or two on the screen but holding a phone is an offence, as is web browsing/texting whether holding it or not.

I appreciate regulations may have changed since then.

Are you certain of this, Pete? I went on a driver awareness course a couple of years ago and they said touching the phone is not an offense if it is a simple tap or two on the screen but holding a phone is an offence, as is web browsing/texting whether holding it or not.

I appreciate regulations may have changed since then.
No , I am certain of very little these days :) But I am not willing to take the chance when it comes to mobile phones and driving. One overzealous police officer is all it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom