Phone holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

techandy

Car
350 SL
Hello guys, I'm looking for a phone holder for a 350 SL 2014 model. I have tried the stick on variety but with the textured dash the adhesion lasts all of 24 hrs. What are you guys using?

I have used brodit pro clips/mounts in the past. Pricey but well worth it IMO

They do various ones depending on what phone model you have.

I bought the official MB console for my S Class , onto which I mounted my Bury System 9 charging base and inserted my iPhone cradle .

The console matches the interior of the car and has a space for a loudspeaker to go inside .

Mounting is rock solid .

5E68AF88-81C4-4D42-838D-9ADF5490F5EB.jpeg
E2D0434E-C6B9-4CEA-805F-66459F33DA40.jpeg
3075C1C4-105E-4785-8C4A-FDAD39A002C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello guys, I'm looking for a phone holder for a 350 SL 2014 model. I have tried the stick on variety but with the textured dash the adhesion lasts all of 24 hrs. What are you guys using?
I use a car cd slot phone holder in my cars. Discrete, easy to remove and neat.

I'm using one I bought off eBay that plugs into the heater vents, the rubber prongs which grip on are spaced differently between the axis' to ensure a tight grip. Has served me well in my A4 Cab, CLK350, ML, Range Rover and anything else I've driven.

I use one of the stick on round magnet thingys , but I replace the sticky pad it comes with , with a 3M made sticky pad . Been on for a couple of years now

Reactions: 219
I use a car cd slot phone holder in my cars. Discrete, easy to remove and neat.
I shudder to think what that does to the CD transport , or indeed the head unit if it is the type that hides the slot behind the fascia .

If it grips by fooling the deck that a disc is inserted , then when the motor tries to spin the disc it will be jammed .

Not to mention you can’t play CDs with it in the slot ...

I shudder to think what that does to the CD transport , or indeed the head unit if it is the type that hides the slot behind the fascia .

If it grips by fooling the deck that a disc is inserted , then when the motor tries to spin the disc it will be jammed .

Not to mention you can’t play CDs with it in the slot ...
Wrong on all counts :)

The holder doesn't touch the CD mechanism and doesn't affect the CD ability to play. I have been using this style of phone holder for at least 3 years in 2 cars with no issues.

Phone holder,
or holder and charger?

If charger do you need plug in or QI charging?

Wrong on all counts :)

The holder doesn't touch the CD mechanism and doesn't affect the CD ability to play. I have been using this style of phone holder for at least 3 years in 2 cars with no issues.

It will depend on the player , on many the facia slides out of the way to insert the disc ; if it can’t return it will damage the deck as well as refusing to play .

It will depend on the player , on many the facia slides out of the way to insert the disc ; if it can’t return it will damage the deck as well as refusing to play .
Clearly if the player operates in that way then a cd slot phone holder would not be suitable but I assume the op has a modicum of common sense and can work that out for himself. We can't address every possible scenario and permutation in a single post, well I can't anyway.

Another vote for Brodit Proclip here. I've used them in a number of cars and very well-made. No shaking, no glue, no screws, just wedge in place with the supplied tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom