Phone mount/cradle for c350e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doh69

Car
2017 C350e Estate
I've just taken delivery of my C350e Estate and am loving it so far.

However, I really really want to have my phone mounted on the dash somewhere so that I can continue to use Waze as it's much better than the built-in Sat Nav.

I've looked at Brodit Proclips and they only have one that sits down by the passenger foot-well. Ideally, I'd like one that places the phone over one of the central air vents.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a quality/stable phone holder bracket that will do the job? Brodit do have an air-vent mount for the A-class which looks similar - would this fit?

Halfords sell a magnetic vent mount. Works well and pretty cheap too if you don't like it.

Thanks both for the replies. I've tried mounts similar to this before (in fact I have one I got from Primani for £2 that's similar to the Kenu one). I've always found they move around a lot as the vent is still free to move - do you find that?

I was hoping for something more like this one for the A-class: Mercedes B-Class Brodit ProClip Mounting Bracket - Center mount (654749)

Also, with the magnetic mounts, I use Android Pay a lot - does the metail plate that goes in the phone case stop that from working?

Thanks again!

Halfords one is sturdy. Not sure on the magnetic side of things. Worth a try as you can return it back if it does not work.

doh69 said:
Thanks both for the replies. I've tried mounts similar to this before (in fact I have one I got from Primani for £2 that's similar to the Kenu one). I've always found they move around a lot as the vent is still free to move - do you find that? I was hoping for something more like this one for the A-class: Mercedes B-Class Brodit ProClip Mounting Bracket - Center mount (654749) Also, with the magnetic mounts, I use Android Pay a lot - does the metail plate that goes in the phone case stop that from working? Thanks again!

Yes I know what you mean. I only use it when I'm in hire cars with work. It does depend on the vent you're attaching it to. Have you tried a CD slot type one?

Most full metal body phones are made from an alloy which is not magnetic. So unless you add a plate to the case or stick one to the phone they won't work anyway.

I have this one on it's way to me as we speak - hopefully that might do the job (and perhaps I can even fit my proclip holder to it) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LW2M028

Be warned that a lot of people who used these for a period of time found they destroyed the CD player itself.

Not used one personally, but do know a couple of people it has happened too and the xda forums are full of reports of it happening.

400ixl said:
Be warned that a lot of people who used these for a period of time found they destroyed the CD player itself. Not used one personally, but do know a couple of people it has happened too and the xda forums are full of reports of it happening.

That's interesting, thanks for the warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom