Photography thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I used to be a keen photographer,B/W and slides.used to enter competitions and later on I used to judge them,never a easy task with say 100 slides in the beginners section and maybe 180 in the advanced section,I have enjoyed looking at your photos.

Well I used to be a keen photographer,B/W and slides.used to enter competitions and later on I used to judge them,never a easy task with say 100 slides in the beginners section and maybe 180 in the advanced section,I have enjoyed looking at your photos.

I still have a projector, stand and screen in the loft ... I'll probably never use them again, but getting rid of them seems a bit final! Also plenty of transparencies of course but those don't take up a lot of space - one day I'll start scanning those (and selected negatives). The slide scanner I had didn't have a driver for Windows 10 and I never got around to replacing it.

Well when I use to give talks at clubs,it was about how to take competition photos,but I always stressed that the slide that wins you a competition will eventually end up in a box hidden away,and the photo you took at a social event would be a memory,that photo puled out 10 year later would bring back the occasion,unlike a winning competition photo where you might struggle to remember where and when you took it.

Out of curiosity, what were you flying in Bryan?

Red 10, possibly? I believe their reserve aircraft is often used for air-to-air photography.

Took me a while to find the 9th "arrow" in the second shot!

Out of curiosity, what were you flying in Bryan?
Yes, it is quite hidden away there - and to answer your other question, actually I was on the ground in Rhymes Farm alongside RAF Fairford at RIAT. I knew the Reds routine pretty well and knew they would bank that way after the flypast, so it was just a case of waiting for the banking turn .......... The biggest issue was how long it would be before the A400 would pull up and away ....... :)

That a rare sight, the Atlas OFF the Tarmac! :devil: 🤔 :rolleyes:
That said, we get a fair few over our place on their way somewhere from Brize - rarely ever see them but the noise is quite distinctive

That said, we get a fair few over our place on their way somewhere from Brize - rarely ever see them but the noise is quite distinctive
A couple of weeks ago we had multiple flights of a C-17 Globemaster ex-Brize over our way. That certainly has a distinctive noise compared to the usual GA traffic we see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom