PIAA bulbs in W140

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frog1520

Hi chaps,

Looking for some advice again! I'm interested in getting some brighter lights on my W140, and after reading through some threads on here I've look looking at the PIAA website.

First of all I'm not sure what to order - I think I'd need pair of bulbs for the main beam, and a pair for the dipped lights. The website seems to say that the main beam is type H1 and the dipped light is H7. So for extreme white, I think I'd have to order a pair of H214 and a pair of H218. Does that sound about right, or have I missed something?

Also I'm a bit concerned about the disclaimer that says these things might be illegal - is it OK to use these for normal driving? The 'Extreme White Plus' bulbs seem to be euro-approved, so I dont know if that makes a difference?

Finally, are the plug-in-bulb replacement xenon's any good?

All advice gratefully accepted!!!

Thanks!!

Wouldn't bother with the main beams to be honest, for the amount of time you'll use them its a waste of money.

I had extreme whites fitted until recently (one of them blew) but as far as the e-mark situation goes, I'd say yes, they are bright, but not as bright as some manufacturers standard fit Xenon bulbs, which I find completely dazzling. I was never flashed once by anybody while using the Extreme Whites.

Not sure what the difference is between Xtreme white, and Extreme White +.

You can't buy directly from the PIAA site - they just indicate an RRP on there. You have to buy from one of their distributors - see links on site.

2 x H7 bullbs for your dipped beam should be fine.

S.

Thats what I needed to know - thanks mate!

Sometimes is enough to replace lenses...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom